TestAmenT BB Kings NYC 4-6-08 -mini review

stevesaks

Jan 30, 2006
Just got back in from the TestAment show at BB Kings in NYC...

one word.....SICK!

This was by far the best I have ever seen TestAment, Over one and a half hours of pure fucking TestAment!.

The place was sold out, with a line outside of people still waiting.
Inside it was packed, never saw BB Kings that crowded before.

The Band had smiles ear to ear the ENTIRE night. I was especially surprised how close Alex plays to the fans, his guitar and body were pratically hanging over the baricades into the audience, same goes for Eric...Right in front of the fans..up close and personal.
Chuck was amazing as well, all over the stage , during the encore, he actually walked off side stage and sing in front of the fans, I think if was during 'Disciples'

Greg..smiled the entire night..did his usual Souls Of Black intro and talked about how the airline, misplace one of his basses ,I believe haha!.
And Paul on drums is like a human metronome..right on point,killer.

I'll have a more detailed review on LivingForMetal.com by tomorrow.

Here's the setlist (17 songs) Hell Yeah!
1.Over the Wall
2. Into The Pit
3. Apocalyptic City
4. Practice what you preach
5. New Order
6. Electric crown
7. More Than Meets the eye
8. Low (dedicated to Johnny Tempesta)
9. Trail of Tears (deciated to American indiands, and all americans)
10. Henchmen ride
11. Souls Of black
12. The Evil has landed
13. The Preacher
encore
(fake out, the light go on for a second and they play(the boys are back in town for 5 seconds.haha- that was the last song before the show started too)
Band comes out smiling..Alex..was laughing...haha!
14. D.N.R.
15. Days Of Darkness..(super extended version- I never seen Alex headband that much to a song)
16. Alone In The Dark (extended sing along)
17.Disicples Of The Watch.

Final farewell, Louie Clemente walks along the stage..And Alex laughs, and makes him go to the front of the stage , and Chuck announces him, and says: "Louie Clemente, our sixth member and brother for life"

It's been awhile seen a seen a concert when the band was SO on point.. , there was definetly magic in the air...I'm sure the band would agree too! killer!

MTV was also on hand..to report the killer concert.

Also Chuck Mentioned..THEY will be back in NYC in August w/ Judas Priest/Heaven& Hell, Motorhead and TestAment opening..they will play a 30 minute set, first band on..Chuck said no talking..just as many songs as possible ,going full speed ahead...bam bam bam

Hopefully TestAment filmed it all, ( I did see a camera in the center near the middle) so I think they captured the amazing show.

-Steve Saks
www.LivingForMetal.com

p.s.
Thanks Ms. A!!!!!!. , I took pics too...I'll email them, when I get them developed etc.

Yeah I was right in front of Alex for the first 3 songs... the whole show Alex and Eric were right at the edge of the stage with their guitars hanging out into the audience..was so up close and personal....
I've seen other bands and guitarists kinda hang away from the edge or near the back closer to their amps etc. NOT , Alex and Eric... They were practically in the crowd... Chuck even walked side stage into the crowd..during the encore and sang a verse...killer stuff.

I would like to hear what the band thought of the show themselves, and how it compares to others etc.??

Hell yeah MAN! The same for Jersey the night before...It was intense and One of the most memorable shows in recent years..Alex is god live..and so is CHuck...I would've gone to BBKings but all my friends got Jersey Tix instead...Good times...Lets hope for another small venue tour again...