Testament-First Strike Still Deadly

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
Do any of you guys have the "First Strike Still Deadly" disc?
Spitfire got the band in the studio to re-record some of the earlier material.
I guess they were going to remix some old tracks & issue a compilation, but
went in & re-recorded them. I like it the concept. The sound is updated & the production is better, even considering they probably didn't get a fortune to do it.

yeah its a relly cool album,its been in the cd player of my van for months now.i love trial by fire and deciples of the watch.its a little unusual though with the last two tracks being sung by someone else other than chuck.is it the origional vocalist?what was his name-steve sousa?the production is rather good as well-done buy a guy called andy sneap,who used to play guitar in sabbat.he's done a lot of producing these last few years after learning his trade with colin richardson.

baldyboy said:
yeah its a relly cool album,its been in the cd player of my van for months now.i love trial by fire and deciples of the watch.its a little unusual though with the last two tracks being sung by someone else other than chuck.is it the origional vocalist?what was his name-steve sousa?

Steve "Zetro" Souza, most notably of Exodus (Pleasures of the Flesh, Fabulous
Disaster,Impact Is Imminent, Force of Habit) was the original singer
of Testament, then called The Legacy.

-OfficerNice

One of the best fucking albums of all fuckin time!

You got Skolnick, You got Chuck Billy who's a goddamn legend \m/ ,
and you Steve Smyth and Eric Peterson and Stevie D.

And you have all those classics heavier than heavy.
YOU MUST BUY THIS DISC.

METAL IS THE LAW!

OfficerNice.

baldyboy said:
anyone know what happened to greg christian?just while we're on the subject of testament-and lou clement for that matter
Well, I'm afraid this is hardly anything better than rumours, but as far as I know Eric or Chuck once mentioned that Greg suffered from some serious drug problems and was therefore kicked out as he wasn't able to get things straight again. And Lou... All I know is that in the end he was more into hairspray and trying to transform Testament into the next Bon Jovi. Or at least release the Black Album Part II. Anyone else who knows more about this matter?

baldyboy said:
anyone know what happened to greg christian?just while we're on the subject of testament-and lou clement for that matter

Greg went on to Pushed. I think he just recently left that band tho...

you can always check out www.pushed1.com

-OfficerNice

DrillSergeant said:
Well, I'm afraid this is hardly anything better than rumours, but as far as I know Eric or Chuck once mentioned that Greg suffered from some serious drug problems and was therefore kicked out as he wasn't able to get things straight again. And Lou... All I know is that in the end he was more into hairspray and trying to transform Testament into the next Bon Jovi. Or at least release the Black Album Part II. Anyone else who knows more about this matter?
I don't know if I'd say Louie was a hairspray guy.

What I heard was that Louie got married and always wanted his wife
to go on the road when Testament toured and while the wives and girlfriends
may go here and there, he wanted her around all the time. One rumor I heard
was that she was very difficult to deal with on the road and gave the band
a really hard time and took the fun out of being on the road. Louie ended up
with short hair and glasses working a day job in New York. He's played out
on a song or two with them a couple times in the last couple years but
he's retired from music as far as I know...

-OfficerNice

that sounds a bit reminicent of dave lombardo those years back when he first quit slayer.i remember reading that his wife theresa gave the rest of the band a real headache cause she was on tour with them a lot-dave liked it,others did not.thanks fellas,you guys are a real mine of information.

I saw a few reviews on some sites that trashed this disc. I guess some people don't like when they jack around with the classics, like blasphemy or something. I see a point there and I see where a lot of bands would fuck something like this all to hell. But I love this cd. Luckily I never pay much attention to critics. Hell, I liked it so much that I went out and bought two more copies and gave them away as presents.

the only thing you get when you buy this album is a better version of into the pit and the zetro souza track. Othwer than that, the originals pack more energy.

The saYer said:
the only thing you get when you buy this album is a better version of into the pit and the zetro souza track. Othwer than that, the originals pack more energy.
Heretic! :yell: HERETIC! :yell: Please, someone's gotta make this godless heretic shut up and end this blasphemy! :D :D :D
Come on, are you serious? What about Over The Wall and First Strike Is Deadly? These two just shred! I mean it - they SHRED! Just as much as Into the Pit does (See, there's at least something we can agree on). Actually every single song does! The only thing I really dislike about First Strike Still Deadly is that I miss C.O.T.L.O.D. & Apocalyptic City.