Testament Live DVD

Sep 13, 2002
Visit site
Deadly Embrace, does Testament have plans to record one of their shows next year for a possible live DVD release? It really sucks there wasn't a DVD made for Live At Fillmore :(

Well since you asked, yes their have been some very recent developments in the release of a new VHS or DVD. We have alot of shows that we have been hoarding for the TESTAMENT archives, & James Murphy came by & spent the night about a month ago.
So I thought it would be cool to watch the best video( my choice) from the first leg of The Gathering Tour, back in '99. After watching parts of it & seeing how great it was shot in digital, with beautiful lighting & full production, good band performance, & nice venue. Along with extras, like the taping of Soundcheck, & with the crew setting up, etc. So if any of you were at the Peoria Ill., show, with the original Gathering line-up, Murphy & Lombardo present, you may be on the video, if you were up front. Anyway my idea was to release it like the DRAGONLORD Bootleg Video, for sale only through this Web Site, & at live upcoming shows, next year. So I'm trying to present it to their Management, with Chuck, Eric, & James already in agreement, we still have to edit it, make some cover art, & get it up to Testament standards, before it can be ready. But I think everyone deserves an official TESTAMENT bootleg, from their last successful Gathering album & world Tour. To have something to hold us over until the new album & tours happen. What good are all these video's that are taped if no one can enjoy them(except for me).
I hope everyone will be as excited as I am about it now, what do you guys think?

Originally posted by Deadly Embrace
I hope everyone will be as excited as I am about it now, what do you guys think?

GODDAMM YES.

Hook it up!!!!!!!

-OfficerNice....the next member of Voivod

Are there any chances of some shows from different tours perhaps?
Or maybe one with backstage/on tour/recording in the studio footage? (I always like these ones especially, its cool getting a behind the scenes look!)

(Hey if you dont ask, you will never know :) )

Yes it is possible, & alot of the ideas come from Testament's own fans, thats how FSSD came about. And yes I'm trying to film more & more behind the scene antic's. Before they used to not like having the behind the scene's filmed, but now they know that the fans want to see that part of them, & it makes great extras & future bonuses possible. Thanks for your interest...............

Excellent! :D :headbang:

Ill be happy with just the show anyway, I just figured id ask and let it be known theres some interest in other stuff too :)

What good are all these video's that are taped if no one can enjoy them(except for me).

yea, exactly. :)

Of course it will be great. :D

Deadly Embrace if u have a huge archive of live Testament shows then why not release something like a set of 4-5 live Testament DVD's which would include their earliest shows up until now??? That would be really awesome if u ask me :headbang: :hotjump: :headbang: :hotjump:

which brings me to another question, DE when did u shoot the very 1st Testament show?

I would like to release, as many video's as possible, unfortunately, I do not make those decisions, Chuck & Eric have to want to do it. And secondly their management has to be behind it, & everything has to fall into place. I'm sure you understand..........................
The first TESTAMENT show I ever shot for the band, was in 12-87, if I remember correctly, it was the last show of the New Order Tour, at the Omni, in Oakland, Ca. I was just making Derrick & Eric copies of parts of it. Derrick came out & played COTLOD, a song which he wrote. And I gave Eric the encore, which features, everyone that was backstage(Baloff, Yaz, Jellum, amoung other locals), called out to be onstage, during the closing song Trial By Fire. It was mayhem........................

I would like to release, as many video's as possible, unfortunately, I do not make those decisions, Chuck & Eric have to want to do it. And secondly their management has to be behind it, & everything has to fall into place. I'm sure you understand..........................

yeah, I understand. Well, could u plz ask Chuck & Eric about my idea then? :)

The first TESTAMENT show I ever shot for the band, was in 12-87, if I remember correctly, it was the last show of the New Order Tour, at the Omni, in Oakland, Ca. I was just making Derrick & Eric copies of parts of it. Derrick came out & played COTLOD, a song which he wrote. And I gave Eric the encore, which features, everyone that was backstage(Baloff, Yaz, Jellum, amoung other locals), called out to be onstage, during the closing song Trial By Fire. It was mayhem........................

yea, if there was a boxset of live Testament shows to be released, then the old shows could be re-mastered for better quality so they can be put onto DVDs :D There is a technology right now for remastering live shows. :D

everyone deserves an official TESTAMENT bootleg

no one can enjoy them(except for me).

Well, I for one million would definately enjoy this. Would also make a great stocking stuffer too!

And, btw, how could you be so lucky DE??? :(

I agree with your efforts and ideas about the Testament disc. However, please just put it out like you guys did with the Dragonlord video. The DVD would be nice but that will take too long. This way the band could put it out before they move on to the next stage of Testament. I think Testament listens to what the fans want and I'm not kidding, I would buy ANYTHING you guys put out on video or DVD and know lots of other true metal fans that would. I've heard in from you in the past that you have tons of shows and candid footage of the band. How about putting out several videos, like a series or set of them. For Example. .....

Video 1 - The Legacy / New Order years ....

Video 2 - PWYP / SOB .... and so on ........

Just an idea ...... :headbang: