Testament live review from San Juan Capistrano Ca

Oct 5, 2003
Visit site
I went to see TestAmenT at the coach house in San Juan Capitrano.

Way too many opening bands that sucked balls. TestAmenT didn't come on until really late. By that point everyone in the club was already coming down from their buzz.

The venue is fucking horrible. They had tables set up all in front of the stage. It was like some kind of dinner party type set up where you would expect to see a comedian or some pussy ass adult contemporary artist. There was NO room for a pit execpt for the extreme left and right of the stage. (actually behind stage right and left) One of the worst venue's for a Metal show I have ever been to in my 33 years of existance.

None the less Testament came on and despite the pile of shit venue The Coach House they toughed it up and put on one hell of a show. These guys are truly one of the best metal bands of all time and just watching them in this place was almost sureal.

The new songs sounded fuckin amazing.

The crowd was lethargic and boring. I am sure TestAmenT will never play in orange county again.

Chuck kept saying shit like 'ok dinner is over these tables need to move aside so we can THRASH" but nobody in the crowd seemed to give a shit. There were literally people sitting down RIGHT IN FRONT of the stage in chairs. I was almost embarresed for the band. In between songs the crowd was silent and a joke

Towards the end of the first encore song D.N.R. I had enough. I decided I was going to be 'that guy' who gets kicked out for trying to mosh or stage dive when there were dinner tables and security everywhere. I got up on one of the tables and was able to ditch security enough to get up on the stage. I patted Chuck on the back and then dove into the lethargic crowd and of course had about 5 or 6 big security gaurds pull me down and throw me out of the club.

If nothing else hopefully the band saw that there was at least one fan there that wasn't going to put up with the stupid ass venue and the security.

I will never again go to that venue again no matter who plays there.

But other than that the band was amazing and are true professionals. The new tunes ruled and was amazing to hear them play stuff like Low, DNR from the albums after Alex left. Those songs are brutal and sounded amazing as well. The sound wasn't the greatest simply because the venue sucked so badly.

All the opening bands were garbage including Laaz Rocket who just flat our are a Testament rip off with bad vocals. They were OK I guess compared to the aweful bands before them but compared to the mighty Testament they are a joke

Long night, but so stoked to see Testament I will be going to LA at the keyclub and watch them put on a real show with real fans in a real venue!

:headbang:

Interesting story, man. I guess that happens to every band from time to time. Still, it must be a weird feeling for a Testament maniac in a crowd so lethargic..

Bleeeh! I feel for you, man. Must've sucked to be thrown out when you were the most appreciative guy in the audience!