Testament Live

DeadlySinners

Thrasher
Mar 5, 2007
Vancouver, BC
I saw Testament open for Judas Priest in July
here in Vancouver expecting a fucking wicked set from
one of my favorite bands, and I was sadly disapointed...
They were so sloppy I could barely tell what song they
were playing at times. The guitars were waay louder
than the vocals and way too distorded. Chuck was out
of breath the whole show, and they had a shitty setlist.
Somehow they managed to play an hour set without
playing Souls of Black, Into the Pit, or Apocalyptic City.
I still like Testament, but that show was just a fucking let down.

I've seen them seven times with different line-ups and they were always tight, always. Are you sure you weren't under the influence of something?

Wow that is the first time I've heard that many bad things,it is completely different then every other review I've read.I have noticed Chuck to be a little less animated and out of breath over the last few years.But I put that on his weight and as I understand it that is due to the steroids from cancer.I have to wonder if you were wasted as well.I have never heard them not play 'Souls' or 'into to the pit' I guess all their shows can't be gold.

I've seen them seven times with different line-ups and they were always tight, always. Are you sure you weren't under the influence of something?

I was thinking along the lines that
they were under the influence.
I was confused aswell, after seeing
many live videos I was expecting much more.
I guess it was a just a bad luck performance.

Wow.I feel like I was at a COMPLETELY different show from you. ..Respectfully I must TOTALLY and wholeheartedly disagree.I was at that show at GM Place, and it was awesome.Simply killer.They opened with Over The Wall, and it was killer !!! , and then they went into The New Order.They also played, [in exact order, as I have the setlist right here in my hand as I type], Practice, More Than Meets, Henchman, DNR, 3 Days, The Preacher, and ended with a great Disciples. I liked the set a lot !

The show in my opinion was absolutely jammin, musically tight, fun, and very well played. They were great, both individually and wholly as a band. I never saw or heard Chuck out of breath, and I liked the setlist, granted, YES, it was a bit short, but they had to changeover the stage for Priest. The sound YES was somewhat distorted, but, in my opinion never did it distract from the experience for me.

As a side note, I went earlier that day to Scrape Records, (which is a hard rock / metal music store in Vancouver) and had them sign my "Live In London" DVD, and briefly spoke with them. And they were cool as hell, and Alex was funny too. So, when I met Chuck and told him the show was my birthday show, and got a picture with him doing the metal horns, later that night during "Disciples", he from on stage, pointed right at me (I was in the very front) and sang/yelled "DISCIPLES !!!" as he pointed right at me and my wife and smiled.

It was waaay cool !!!