Chicago 5/25 Review + I Have A Live Recording Of It!

In CHICAGO...where's your favorite place to see a show?

• The Vic Theatre

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • House of Blues

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • The Aragon Brawl..I mean Ball Room

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

witchsvamp

New Metal Member
Oct 22, 2002
Chicagoland
www.witchsvamp.com
Hail to all the Ministers of the Legions of the Dead!

It was a great show! This was my 14th Testament show and these guys never miss a beat! GREAT FUCKING BAND!!!!The only thing that was not good about the Testament set.....Eric's amp took a shit! So he finished the song (House Of Seance) which sounded like he was playing an old electric twanger!!!

Other than that little mishap....they were tight! Chuck sounded great! I spoke with him after the show...he said he felt great!

I managed to sneak my digital recorder in...I recorded the entire Testament set...I got about 2/3 of the Halford set....I ran out of mini disc
mad.gif

If anyone out there has other Testament shows...Id like to trade disc for disc(they dont necessarily have to be Testament shows...I record many shows....I have alot to trade!)

Immortal was great...Primal Fear was great also...Halford was very cool as well. My buddy Scott Davidson of RebelRadio hooked me up and I got to meet Rob.....and that was cool too!

In a nutshell...for $47, it was well worth it! OH...not to mention the $3 OldStyle tall boys they were serving!

Cheers,
Pat Wallace
a.k.a WitchsVamp
www.witchsvamp.com

Dude , e-mail me. I have lots I could trade you. Sounds like an amazing show ! Lucky bastard, I have to wait till June to catch this show.

<Eric Peterson spin> :Spin:

I was there. The sound was terrible. Someone should tell Eric that he doesn't need to flood the fucking place with distortion, then possibly the rest of the band could be heard clearly. Jon Allen fucked up a couple times on the drums; bring back Lombardo or Tempesta. Chuck sounded great of course. Couldn't hear Smyth's lead guitar or Steve's bass over the occasionally sloppy and overloud rhythm playing. Enjoyable and disappointing at the same time.

Full review and setlist will be posted on my site in the near future. Expect more honest opinions and accurate songtitles ("House Of Seance"?).

Other notes: Primal Fear was shit (fuck off, Priest-clone posers), Immortal was excellent (tight and perfect sound), Halford was decent but unspectacular (poor song choices, for the most part; solid vocals and musicianship; mediocre sound).

Hey folks...alot of people out there have been emailing me about the recording of Testament.

Here's the deal:

1. I recorded it to a minidisc.
2. I got the ENTIRE Testament set (including the amp fuck-up).
3. I got only about 30-40 mins of Halford.
4. The sound quality is pretty damn good. Pretty clear too. Not too bassy.
5. I used a stereo digital mic.
6. I did not hook up to the board.
crap.gif
(because I couldn't)
7. I almost got caught by security while I was recording.
8. Im in the process of moving...once I've done this, I can dump the minidisc into my computer and make a CD.

TRADING:

1. disc for disc(that's the standard)
2. I would be willing to trade audio for a video or original photographs from concerts(preferably King Diamond vids & pics)
3. I have quite a few shows of a few bands

KING DIAMOND(various shows from 80's to today)
TESTAMENT(Only 2 shows both from HOB)
METALLICA(studio outakes w/ Dave Mustaine, concerts, Cliff soundcheck, studio outakes from Lightning, etc)
JOURNEY (Chicago 2001)
DAVE MATTHEWS(Im not much of a fan...however they've been good bargaining tools to get what I really like)
MINISTRY(Chicago 4/22/03)
EUROPE( sometime in the 80's)
MEGADETH (London -so far, so good tour)

Thanks!

WV

@ witchsvamp

what about bringin´ the songs to computer and make mp3z of ´em ? `cuz some of us would like to trade with you though we´re fuckin´ far away in Europe ;-)

So we could trade some cool stuff without any postal bullshit !?

Edgecrusher666 said:
@ witchsvamp

what about bringin´ the songs to computer and make mp3z of ´em ? `cuz some of us would like to trade with you though we´re fuckin´ far away in Europe ;-)

So we could trade some cool stuff without any postal bullshit !?

Hey Edgecrusher....I think that we can trade off of ICQ...if you have ICQ.