Testament Practice--New Exodus--The Haunted Rip It Up In SF!

Deadly Embrace

TL PREACHER
Feb 27, 2002
Bay Area
www.sfmetal.com
Started the evening by attending Testament's practice(last one before the 5 shows), the guys have their set down & went through it, Johnny on drums really takes Testament to a higher level(IMO), Eric was flawless on rythum as always, Smyth sounded good on the leads, & Stevie D, was just his fabulous self, no weak spots in this line-up(like there ever is). Nice choice of songs on the setlist, tomarrow the Mini-Tour begins!
I went with Steve "Zetro" Souza, & our friend Gil. On the way(& the way home) Steve played the whole new Exodus album(pre-production tape), the drums are finished, & guitar tracking starts tomarrow in Pacifica, California. Let me just say this, IT ROCKED, IT THRASHED, & I enjoyed the preview as much as any EXO-Starved fan would. The albums full of groove orientated riffs, & Steve's voice is so different than any other Exo Album, he's been on. He uses alot of different styles(mixed in), & thats good, other prior Exodus recordings have to much the same vocal stlye(throughout), & get monotonous. And thanks to Gil, I can now say I've driven a brand new "Jag", it handles great, always wanted to fly in a Jag........& we did..........
firedevil.gif

Now The Haunted played to a packed SF Pound crowd, all Testament members present, Steve Sousa, Rob Flynn, also present, amoung the local Metal Scene. Got a chance to visit with them before they played, those guys have toured a hell of alot, & are looking forward to going home & to start writing a new record, & play some festivals, later this summer. They said theres some talk of them coming back this fall & tour the US again........but thats months away, at best...........they played a power packed 1 hour, 10 minute set, including songs from all 3 albums, & they were on it, tonight. Marco said it was like a dream come true, to come to the Bay Area & headline, with Testament, & other Bay Area music veterans present, to boot! Marco likes drinking a couple Red Bulls before playing, & I joined him for one also! Gotta love those Wings they give ya! Thanks to MaMa D & The Haunted & their Crew, we had a great time & were treated very well! ............................
...........................................See some of you on the Testament Mini-Tour!

I'm Green with envy Deadly E. Sounds like a great night all the way around. Can't wait to hear the new Exodus. I bet the Haunted tore it up !! Thanks for the detailed report :Spin:

Deadly Embrace said:
Started the evening by attending Testament's practice(last one before the 5 shows), the guys have their set down & went through it, Johnny on drums really takes Testament to a higher level(IMO)

The Haunted kicked ass last night. The new Exodus material crushes and Tempesta playing with Testament again is the icing on the cake. I always thought Johnny fit Testament the best out of all the drummers they've had. Although Lombardo is right up there.

Dirt Junior said:
KILLER REVIEW WALTER!!!

DID YOU HEAR ABOUT THE DEDICATION TO "DIRT jUNIOR" AT THE HOLLYWOOD GIG!!!! IT WAS CLASSIC!!!!

SEE YOU FRIDAY!!!!!!!!

I heard about it........................................ your Classic alright! I'm bringing some video's, so get there early, I'll show you some Classic Bay Area Thrash from the 80's......................Vio, Forbidden, Exo, Testament, etc. I'm even bringing Baloff with Heathen, I filmed at the Omni in late '88, it's time to unveil some treasures!