Testament uk tour announced 2012

That has to be the very first time I've heard of us getting the better line up.

It's certainly not the first time Ive seen the US getting better tour lineups. :lol: Take Iced Earth's current tour for example. In the US, Iced Earth toured with Symphony X. When they played here just a few weeks ago, they had some band called Absolva in support... I mean, who the heck are Absolva? Have you heard of them? Cos I certainly haven't! :p

On Megadeth's last few tours, the UK leg lineups have been far inferior to the US lineups. It's actually very rare for good tour packages to come to the UK, and when bands tour here, they usually have inferior support when compared to the support acts in the US.

Maybe because it's harder for metal bands to tour in the states unless there is a really good bill?
You still have way more festivals!

No I've never heard Absolva...sounds like a dumb name though.

Maybe because it's harder for metal bands to tour in the states unless there is a really good bill?
You still have way more festivals!

No I've never heard Absolva...sounds like a dumb name though.

I think that might have something to do with it, although that's really only compared with most other European countries. The UK metal scene is very weak and poor compared to countries like Germany, so many bands bypass the UK altogether on tours, and if a good band does happen to come to the UK, they usually only play one London date, rather than a full tour. It's funny, Testament had never done a UK tour in the all the years that I've been a fan (since 1991), until they came here on the last tour, and now they're touring the UK again this time around! It's like buses here, you wait ages for one, and none come, and then all of a sudden, two come along at once! lol :p

And yep, Absolva is a very dumb name. :lol:

well i can fill you in on absolva, they are a new band created from fury uk when the bass player joined iced earth, chris appleton the mainman is a very talented guitarist vocalist. i have seen fury uk twice supporting saxon and at hammerfest a good trad metal band in the judas priest style. absolva no doubt will be similar.

So did Fury UK split up when the bassist left to join Iced Earth? Absolva is basically Fury UK with a different name and minus the previous bass player? lol