Testament

See You In Hell

Is this the real McCoy?
Feb 13, 2007
five-venoms.spaces.live.com
Not sure how many forum members are fans of Testament but for those that are they are in the midst of a very brief and limited tour of the USA before embarking to distant shores. Fortunately, Dallas was one of Testament's stops (last night actually) and the show was excellent. According to the band's website the remaining US itinerary as it stands now is:

March/April 2007:
03/27/07 Scout Bar - Houston, TX
03/29/07 Rialto Theatre - Tucson, AZ
03/30/07 The Orpheum Theatre - Flagstaff, AZ
03/31/07 California Metal Fest: Galaxy Theatre - Santa Ana, CA
04/01/07 Fat Cat Music House - Modesto, CA

If any of you are in or near these cities it might be worth going. Although I am not as well-versed in all things Testament as many of you probably are they seemed to offer a nice mix of material more weighted toward the older stuff (a new CD is in the works but its release date is undertermined at this time) including such songs as "Into The Pit", "Electric Crown", "Practice What You Preach", and "Over The Wall". This tour also features the return of guitarist Alex Skolnick who was in fine form the entire show. Testament also has as its newest member Nick Barker (formerly of Cradle of Filth and Dimmu Borgir among others) who was his usual "I'm going to pound these drums into submission" self and very entertaining. All in all a good time. My only complaint was Testament's set seemed too short, checking in at around 75 minutes or so but, hey, I was happy just to be able to see these guys for the first time! :headbang:

I would love to see Testament!!!! But I live 2 hours from the ATL which does not have a date.

I would kill for 75 minutes of TestAmenT on stage! :kickass:

I haven't seen them since 1990-something when they played with SYL and Stuck Mojo here in ATL. And we got maybe 45 minutes then. :erk:

kill. :heh:

As much as I bash them (mostly on other forums, since we don't talk much of thrash here), I still own and enjoy a few Testament albums and would like to see them live.

This tour doesn't excite me, however, as it goes nowhere near the east coast.

I love Testament and would kill atleast 90 people to see them live, sadly there is no way I would be able to attend any of those dates. Lame.

And the new album will slay like no album has ever slayed before (alright, a tad bit of an exaggeration I know). That is if it ever gets released. Its reaching almost Chinese Democracy-esque levels. Now I've gone and made myself all depressed again. Now if you don't mind I'm going to continue drooling while watching the Live in London dvd.

i saw Testament and Vio-lence in Birmingham, AL in 1988. their tour bus had a big purple unicorn painted on the back.Chuck Billy said it had just come off of the road with TIFFANY... lol

Man, I love Testament.... had to go to Los Angeles to see them last. Why don't they ever play Atlanta anymore??? No way we'll be able to make any of the shows listed... Bummer... :(

I am going to see Testament and Helstar tonight in Houston!!! I will fill ya in on how it went. The venue allows video/camera. So I will get some footage and post tomorrow or Thursday.

Cool!! - I will try to get in the shot!! :kickass: :kickass: I'm a big (6'), old guy and will have something Savatage on. Introduce yerself if ya see me!! Can't see Helstar enough, either!! Shit - James has to remember a LOT of lyrics - just got off the VR tour!!

Peace,
Chris :headbang:

Actually the venue in Dallas allowed cameras too so here are a few shots from the show (hopefully these show up):

100_0636.jpg

100_0639.jpg

100_0645.jpg

If you havent yet guessed it from my name and icon, Testament is one of my all time favorite thrash bands!!! I first saw them at the Omni here in Georgia in 1990......(a pause to remember the Omni).. they were with Megadeth and Judas Priest promoting the Painkiller album! They were touring on the Souls of Black album, and even though they only played for 45 minutes, it was one of the best times I have ever had at a show. I was third row and deep in the pit!!! Heavenly Call and I traveled down to Tampa a few years back to see them play at that Sun and Steel festival. The idiots that put the thing on screwed up everyones set times and testament were forced to play a short set. That picture of Chuck and I is from that show, right after he got off stage. We waited all night to see them play and it was damn worth it!!! I agree with the dude a few posts back who said maybe one day their new album will come out, I just hope it is along the lines of The Gathering!!! Now that is a thrash cd and a perfect line-up to create it!!!!

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

How have they sounded with Barker behind the kit? I can only imagine how awesome that must be...seen them 3 times in total, 2 of which are since the classic reunion but haven't seen em with Barker yet. Anyone who ever passes on a Testament show is a damn fool!