TESTAMENT

I only have their new CD and LOVE it. Have seen them twice, and got my face melted both times!!!! I wanna buy some more CDs and I want your fav 2 or 3 CDs.

Thanks,
Chris :headbang:

One of my favorite band since The New Order. My order:

1. The New Order
2. Practice What You Preach
3. Low
4. Gathering
5. The Formation of Damnation
6. The Legacy
------------ 1 to 6 very close -------------------
The rest:
7. Souls of Black
8. The Ritual
9. Demonic

Testament is one of my all time favorite bands, period! With that said, I'll give you a run down of what I think is essential for you.

1. The New Order - In my opinion this is Testament's answer to "Master of Puppets".....essential? VERY!
2. Practice What You Preach - This album got me into the band and is excellent throughout. A great place to start in my opinion.
3. The Gathering - This is modern Testament without Skolnick, but don't let that fool you. This is a brutal album, but it still has that Testament groove. :headbang:

By the way, get the Live In London DVD...sheer excellence!

~Brian~

1. The Gathering!!!!!!!!
2. The Legacy
3. Practice What You Preach
4. The Formation of Damnation
5. The New Order

I was just listening to Live in London the other day and was thinking about how NOBODY makes music anymore like Testament did from The Ritual on back. That being said, I think that Low is my personal favorite.

Testament is one of my favorites...

I think it's worth mentioning that their more recent output is a bit different than in their beginning. If you are looking for more along the lines of Formation of Damnation, then go with Low and the Gathering. Those 2 should satisfy that craving. Also, First Strike is Deadly is a nice redo of their older material in this more brutal presentation. Demonic is a step in this direction as well, and has some great tunes, but has a more death metal kind of approach...if that matters to you.

The order I would put the older albums:

The New Order
Souls of Black
Practice What you Preach
The Ritual
The Legacy

Have fun! Great band with lots of inspiring material. I'm jealous of your journey.

Peace.

Yea, surprised that First Strike Still Deadly is only mentioned once. It takes a lot of stuff from the first album and lends the newer more brutal Testament sound to it. My recommendations would be

The Gathering
Practice What You Preach
The New Order
First Strike Still Deadly

But honestly, you really can't go wrong with any Testament release. The only one that I don't listen to on a regular basis is Demonic. Its good, but its not great.

Yea, surprised that First Strike Still Deadly is only mentioned once. It takes a lot of stuff from the first album and lends the newer more brutal Testament sound to it. My recommendations would be

The Gathering
Practice What You Preach
The New Order
First Strike Still Deadly

But honestly, you really can't go wrong with any Testament release. The only one that I don't listen to on a regular basis is Demonic. Its good, but its not great.

Demonic Refusal does have one of my favorite intros though....

10 9 8 7 6 6 6 :heh:

Am I the only one who thinks The Formation of Damnation blows? I'm asking this as a serious question.

I haven't given it a ton of listen time, but nothing seems to stand out like some of the older albums did.

Am I the only one who thinks The Formation of Damnation blows? I'm asking this as a serious question.

Pete, eventhough your avatar reflects a great band, this post makes no sense. How does it blow? You're going to have to be a little more specific in order for that to be taken seriously.

~Brian~

Yes, because this album is fantastic!:headbang::headbang::headbang: You probably don;t like The Gathering album either