Testing a Kemper Profiling Amp.

So i hade a visit from Jocke Skog at the studio today helping us out with some guitarsound for the new Hate Ammo record. He also had a Kemper Profiling Amp that we had to test.

We hooked up a Mesa Dual Rec (REV A), and i must say it profiled it like 100% correct. Check out the video and make your own judgement, but im convinced that this will hit big.

http://www.facebook.com/v/10150591953649431

subtitles please! :loco:

Sounds really nice :worship:

How does the kemper sound direct into a interface?

Im impressed, i hear no difference even if it comes from the audio from a camera/phone.

Hard to judge totally because of the camera mic, but they sounded quite different to me. Both sounded amazing though!!

How does the Kemper function when you use it in a 'band' setting.... ie.... lets say you setup 4 channels.... does it switch instantly as you'd expect?

The kpa looks like good fun especially if you have access to shit loads of amps .
The one thing that no one seems to have confirmed is how is the profile dynamically ? Forget sonics does it feel like an amp ? Does it clean up realistically rolling off volume on the guitar ? How are the cleans & less over driven sounds ? What happens if you play with the profile on a very different guitar to the one used to create the patch etc etc Any insight you have into this stuff would be good to hear .

THANK YOU!
this is the first KPA clip i really like,
even if it's ppo vidoe quality i can imagine how badass this sounded in person.

waiting for rack version to appear...

What happens if you play with the profile on a very different guitar to the one used to create the patch

From my understanding it just runs some sine sweeps, noise and the sfx from Star Trek through your chain, ie no guitar involved in the profiling.

I pretty much need one of these. £1200-ish... I can live without food for a few months, right?

cheap and jummy! :D

Mama_0020_chicken_0020_flavour_0020_jumbo.jpg

I can imagine this being a bit of a help auditioning amps if you have a nice collection. Profile your amps thn when it comes time to reamp, flip through quickly to see what fits best then chase the finessed tone down with the real deal and a mic.