Textures "Consonant Hemispheres" great TV show live performance

Textures is the real deal. Seeing one of their guitar players rip flawlessly through Old Days Born Anew off their second cd in one take makes me think they just go in the studio and nail their songs without any trickery. Very talented band, but I miss their previous singer... that guy had THE PIPES.

Textures is the real deal. Seeing one of their guitar players rip flawlessly through Old Days Born Anew off their second cd in one take makes me think they just go in the studio and nail their songs without any trickery.

Wait... you've attended their studio sessions or what ? Unless you're talking about the end of that particular video maybe ? :

Super-tight mo'fo's indeed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know Textures but I haven't really checked them out properly.
Parts of this song reminded me of some good ol' Hopesfall, and I adore that band a lot.
New vocalist does a great job but I agree with prostetnic, I was blown away by their previous vocalist!

that show is by the way the biggest tv show in Holland, the most watched. it's quite an achievement for a band to get there, especially when they absolutely never program metal.

that show is by the way the biggest tv show in Holland, the most watched. it's quite an achievement for a band to get there, especially when they absolutely never program metal.

Flanders and Holland are two fucking chickens when it comes to programming decent music. Big props to DWDD tho.

Flanders and Holland are two fucking chickens when it comes to programming decent music. Big props to DWDD tho.

In France, where metal is definitely not mainstream, we were lucky at some point to have a metalhead/roadrunner records-friendly dude as a music programmer for the biggest French TV Show (Nulle Part Ailleurs (NPA) on the Canal Plus channel), and we had some pretty amazing metal bands playing there at 8PM during weekdays : Dimmu Borgir (that was the most extreme we got as far as i remember), Slipknot (twice), Deftones, Sepultura, Slayer, Korn, Suicidal Tendencies... It seems to me "agressive" metal bands started playing big US TV shows (conan o'brian, letterman, leno...) after... (The most memorable performance being Slipknot for "the heretic anthem" IMO).
I'm talking 90's and 2000's here, now it's been a while since they didn't play anything that has some "balls" (no offense to the "soft music" out there, there is some good stuff also, good music is good music), but i miss those days !

And then you will have Sweden/Norway/Finland where it's totally normal to have metal bands on tv, kind of :)

Haha, yeah they ripped it up there, what a performance.. tight!

And to think, they were asked to play a easy passage of one their songs that is more "easy" on the ears.. but they had no time to practice that part, so they just went with this instead..

Great performance. Just wish I could like more of their songs, always seems like I'll like half the stuff they do and the other half doesn't interest me