Th1rt3en

Mr.Sister

Jun 5, 2010
Just bought the new record and listening to it right now. Endgame was a pretty good record, which also had some mediocre songs imho, but this one is really amazing. Really CtE sounding, and the guitar work is much more diverse.
Chris did also an amazing job.

Just bought the new record and listening to it right now. Endgame was a pretty good record, which also had some mediocre songs imho, but this one is really amazing. Really CtE sounding, and the guitar work is much more diverse.
Chris did also an amazing job.

Lucky bastard! I have to wait untill tomorrow. To bad I have to work. I think I will sneak out for a coffee break right around the time the local shops open up. Then piss off my co workers. lol.......... Not many metal heads here at IBM.

Just got the CD too (living in the UK rules :p). So far i think its a very good record, some of Dave's lyrics are er... questionable, and i generally prefer the older style thrash and really crazy stuff (so Endgame was perfect for me) Whereas 13 has a bit more a Youthanasia/CtoE feel to it (still with some cool thrash). Nevertheless, as Mr Sister said, the guitar work is really diverse and thats cool to see (hear), and I believe because the songs were generally a bit less crazy, Chris Broderick had a bit more lee-way to showcase his talents. His solos... are... AMAZING! Solos that spring to mind are deadly nightshade, 13 and Wrecker (although how the story ends will always be my favourite 'deth solo). I've got some serious practising to do! (drums are really good too, the mix is really powerful).

WELL DONE CHRIS! YOU RULE!

just like to add, seems like from all the imagery/graphics and 13's lyrics that this may be the last album... I take the front cover to mean Vic leaving us, sorta saying "that's your lot", and the back gives a similar vibe (won't ruin it for you guys). And if it is the last one, that'll suck really bad... but Im sure Chris has something up his sleeve (*cough* Jeff Loomis Collaboration, please! *cough*)

Just got the CD too (living in the UK rules :p). So far i think its a very good record, some of Dave's lyrics are er... questionable, and i generally prefer the older style thrash and really crazy stuff (so Endgame was perfect for me) Whereas 13 has a bit more a Youthanasia/CtoE feel to it (still with some cool thrash). Nevertheless, as Mr Sister said, the guitar work is really diverse and thats cool to see (hear), and I believe because the songs were generally a bit less crazy, Chris Broderick had a bit more lee-way to showcase his talents. His solos... are... AMAZING! Solos that spring to mind are deadly nightshade, 13 and Wrecker (although how the story ends will always be my favourite 'deth solo). I've got some serious practising to do! (drums are really good too, the mix is really powerful).

WELL DONE CHRIS! YOU RULE!

I also love the solo for how the story ends. I will probably, scratch that,I will never be able to play like that, but in my dreams I can. Looking forward to the album. I know Dave said a while ago he had one more album in him. I guess we will see.

Shawn Sicely

Well I just got two copies of th1rt3en. One for the car, one for home. Sounds pretty good to me. Only got to listen to the first 5 songs on lunch break, but I like it alot.

Shawn

Recieved my download yesterday and actually recieved my pre-order today ( on time )!! I'm definitely loving the mix of the disc...agree with it being powerful, but doesn't get muddy and is very clear. Seems like all the instruments have their place in the mix. Of course Chris' playing is flawless and "shredding" as expected!!! Nice to see some of the explanations on the clinic vids such as "Sudden Death" and "Public Enemy"...but some great songs and choruses as well such as "New World Order" and "13". In case anyone didn't see this, a nice interview with Chris including the equipment he used for the recording:
http://iheartguitarblog.com/2011/10/interview-megadeths-chris-broderick.html

Recieved my download yesterday and actually recieved my pre-order today ( on time )!! I'm definitely loving the mix of the disc...agree with it being powerful, but doesn't get muddy and is very clear. Seems like all the instruments have their place in the mix. Of course Chris' playing is flawless and "shredding" as expected!!! Nice to see some of the explanations on the clinic vids such as "Sudden Death" and "Public Enemy"...but some great songs and choruses as well such as "New World Order" and "13". In case anyone didn't see this, a nice interview with Chris including the equipment he used for the recording:
http://iheartguitarblog.com/2011/10/interview-megadeths-chris-broderick.html

Hey Darin,
I see you got a nice thank you from Chris on the new album. That's awesome man. Congrats.

Shawn

I actually don't like the mix, I think the vocals are too loud, but tht's just a minor problem :)

Last edited by a moderator: