TH1RT3EN Questions

Darin J Moore

May 7, 2006
Dayton, Ohio
www.myspace.com
Hey Chris...Been checking out alot of the press for the upcoming TH1RT3EN disc and haven't really seen anything as to what you used to record the disc gear wise other than your Jackson Signatures ( actually seen on the Megadeth chat ya laid some low 7-string rhythms but were unsure how they'd be used in the mix...still pretty cool ) and your stop at the showroom for a hard-tail. Was hoping you could enlighten us!! I know most of the recording was done probably before it's release, but was also curious if you had your hands on an Axe-fx II yet? I recieved mine a few weeks back and am definitely liking the improvements over the Ultra. And speaking of TH1RT3EN...Public Enemy No. 1 is now streaming in it's entirety over @ Megadeth.com and pre-orders for the cd from the Mayhem/Roadrunner meet-n-greets are now being redeemed!!

I'm excited to hear the Axe-Fx in such a recording environment as a Megadeth album; I'm very interested to hear how Chris' tone will come through in comparison to Endgame, where he sounded so much like Dave (at least to me).

A hard-tail? Really? That's interesting to see out of Chris... the 7-string rhythms sound even more interesting. I can't imagine Dave wanting to use 7's, but it would give Megadeth songs a whole new dimension of depth adding in that low B.