Thank you all for day 1!

renejanssen

Apr 19, 2005
Baarlo, The Netherlands
www.progpower.eu
Hi,

On behalf of the organization I can tell you that we are really proud how everything turned out the first day this year. Great performances with a few cool suprises. We think you really have missed something, but let the crowd do the talking, not the organization.

So to all the people that were there, did you like the first day?

ProgPower Organisation

Dirk, you guys were awesome! I didn't like Dreamscape a lot. I mean they do there thing well, but it couldn't hold my attention. Zero Gravity on the other hand had their own thing to offer, with lots of variation and passion!! :headbang:

For the first day.. I enjoyed a few songs of Another Messiah, but the overal slow pace is not my thing. Chaoswave I liked a lot (great harmonies by Fabio and Giorgia and of course Henrik's fantastic performance/charisma!), Ephel Duath is so weird that they are for a selected few (me not included) and I seemed to be the only one not getting into Scar Symmetry (the vocals weren't as strong as I expected and I have to say I'm not much into that typical Swedish thrash style).
But then.......Textures totally floored me, WOW!! The death metal, the prog, grunts, clean harmonies, the songs.. just perfect!! I couldn't stop headbanging, there was a mild moshpit and PP's first ever crowdsurfer:) My winner of the Saturday and co-winner of the whole festival!! But let's not forget Mercenary for they were great too! Maybe not the best headliner in terms of drawing crowds, but performance wise definitely worthy. Kudos to the new bassplayer who is very outgoing and entertaining and of course Mikkel for his awesome vocals!
The rest: well the organisation is always top notch, the boss is the most lovable guy you could meet :D and the "beergarden" tables/benches were a big hit!! It was great to combine the nice weather and fresh air outside with the music inside, because it is always pretty hot inside and of course the social part is very important too, it's a big family meeting each year! :kickass:

even though, marlies didn't liked us, we had a great time with all of you! it was a pleasure to meet all the fantastic guys of the festival crew and we are proud of the achieved results! all bands did a kick-ass job and all musicians can be proud of their work. a lot of people asked us why we play at the little stage of the preparty... - i told them dont to think about status symbols in connection with music! the music is the same... in the practice room, on a big or little stage... the festival wasn't a contest and if it had been a contest each band would have get the first price!
best regards and special thanks to Nico, his family and Rene!
wolfgang the guitarist of dreamscape

hehe, it was only a matter of taste ;)
For about the second part of the gig I was upstairs, just outside, and we could hear the "Dreamscape! Dreamscape!" chants up there! So you must've been doing something right.. right? :D :lol:
Seriously, you and all other bands were great like you said, and I admire your good attitude about the status thingie! :headbang:

hey marlies, great to meet u and nico again!!! was so much fun :)

so my oppinion about bands of day 1:
another messiah: really surprised me, I liked that crazy sound a lot, cool band!
chaoswave: wohooo I already loved them on cd but live they are so energetic and charismatic and even if the sound was a bit bad at some times they managed to have a great performance. well impressed there!
ephel duath: oke, thats really impressive, those guys are just damn good musicians and it was interesting to see what they do with their instruments but after a while it was just too much for me. wasnt maybe in the right mood for ultra technical music or maybe I just missed the emotions after a while. was a good show tho.
scar symmetry: after seeing them with a great gig at summer breeze this one was very disappointing I think. they seemed tired and the singer didnt sing well. they can do so much better.
textures: another winner of the festival, I like them more live than on cd and I was so impressed by the high level on energy they unleashed on stage and in the crowd.
mercenary: nearly my favorite band of the festival but I couldnt chose cause some others were amazing too ;) I loved the new songs live and the guys had much fun on stage. it was a great setlist, a great gig and a first row headbanging that my neck still hurts now ;)

DREAMSCAPE 777 said:
even though, marlies didn't liked us, we had a great time with all of you! it was a pleasure to meet all the fantastic guys of the festival crew and we are proud of the achieved results! all bands did a kick-ass job and all musicians can be proud of their work. a lot of people asked us why we play at the little stage of the preparty... - i told them dont to think about status symbols in connection with music! the music is the same... in the practice room, on a big or little stage... the festival wasn't a contest and if it had been a contest each band would have get the first price!
best regards and special thanks to Nico, his family and Rene!
wolfgang the guitarist of dreamscape

Hi Wolfgang,

You guys almost played all of my fave DS songs. The gig and sound was great, a pity I was getting a bit drunk to the end of the DS show!