Thank you and good night...

Before you go into your well deserved hibernation, is there any chance that those of us who could not be there see the PP XII announcement video?

Wayne Joyner and Claus Jensen will work to coordinate this within the next 2 weeks or so, along with the new website launch.

~Jen

I have been wondering about this also. Perhaps ProgPowerUSA could have a youtube channel with some selected clips and interviews from the past DVDs. This could serve as an additional way of spreading the word about the fest and the bands, and also giving us something to link to when chatting up possible future attendees ;-) Most likely this has already been thought of, but I'll still cast my vote in favor of an official ProgPowerUSA Youtube Channel. Jen does an amazing job with the other social media avenues like twitter and facebook, so I'm certain she'd hit it out of the park with the youtube channel as well. If she doesn't want to do it or it's too much, I will volunteer to create and maintain it. It's about time I do something other than post banners for the fest I love.

Isn't this the official PPUSA YouTube channel? http://www.youtube.com/user/progpowerusa

All I know is that I have been to every PP since PP5 and will do everything I can to never miss one. It is one of the best weekends of the year IMO and even if I don't know most of the bands I am excited to get to listen to them. And Sanctuary, Therion, Dream Evil do it for me, next year is going to slay big time.

I'd personally say something more like "Thanks for coming out and supporting the scene. Too bad you can't make it this year, but try to spread the word about the festival."

I agree. It's not like any of the complainers about this year's lineup are abandoning the festival. A customer doesn't have to buy everything that's being sold. Disliking Fanta doesn't make you a bad Coke customer. When the lineup is to my liking, I'll be there, and even when it isn't, I'll root for the success of the festival because without it, I'd never have seen so many bands I'd dreamed of seeing for a long time. If you'd told me back in 2000 that I would see Stratovarius, Hammerfall, Sonata Arctica, Kamelot, and Angra, I'd have said you were on some good shit. But I've seen them, and I have Glenn to thank for that.

So I won't be there to see Sanctuary and Therion. But I'll be the first one to buy a ticket next time Strato or Angra or Symphony X come back.

Isn't this the official PPUSA YouTube channel? http://www.youtube.com/user/progpowerusa

Where the hell have I been?! Thank you.
speechless-smiley-029.gif

For the Dream Evil critics, I brought my brother to PPUSA this year for the first time. He isn't really a metalhead, however when next year was announced, he turned to me and said "Holy shit, Dream Evil! I love those guys. You gotta take me next year."

I'm personally stoked about Arcturus and Therion. I'd rather have them over any stereotypical progpower bland.

I'm already excited for next year! Can't wait!

Cheers for another awesome year Glenn

I am personally excited about Dream Evil - you already have me sold for at least a saturday show - I've never heard of the others on the Friday night lineup before (however, I've heard of Nevermore, not Sanctuary) so will see later on in the year.

Will see all you folks next year - it will be #3 for me \m/

Thanks to Glenn, Jen and everyone else involved in putting the fest on. My husband and I will be there again next year for our 6th PP.

I did notice that there seemed to be a lot more first timers at the fest this year, in fact I personally met 5 people who were there for the first time and I'm not a big social person so I think there were many more where that came from.

We actually got a chance to use one of the PP business cards even before leaving Atlanta! We were in the security line at the airport and the woman behind me started asking about my PP shirt and the fest. We told her all about it gave her a card; she seemed pretty interested!

I was one of the first-timers, but it certainly won't be my last! I had a real blast -- thanks to everyone I talked to or hung out with for being awesome. :wave: As for next year's lineup - Therion, Arcturus, Haken, and Dream Evil? I am theeeeere. :D Thank you so much!

Cheers for another awesome year Glenn

I am personally excited about Dream Evil - you already have me sold for at least a saturday show - I've never heard of the others on the Friday night lineup before (however, I've heard of Nevermore, not Sanctuary) so will see later on in the year.

Will see all you folks next year - it will be #3 for me m/

I'd be very careful. I wouldn't count on having the chance for just a Saturday show.

Another year,Another fun time...And you had the time to actually talk to me for more than 30 seconds before you had to run off..A couple of times as well:Spin:perhaps you should hook up with "The Usual Suspects" for some after show partying...I think you know who "The Usual Suspects" are!!:D
Big Krusty Hugs to ya bro & see ya next year!!
AAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most of Saturday's lineup makes me happy in my pants. So I really don't have any complaints. And even if I did, I wouldn't voice them. I'd still go to ProgPower, regardless!

I'm kind of excited about Arcturus. I think I'll enjoy their set way more than is probably reasonable. :D