Thank You & Good Night

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
A few words before I go into hibernation for a while.....

First, the biggest thanks in the world goes to my wife. If you haven't figured it out by now, this is truly a Glenn/Jen production. She puts up with me working on this stuff year-round and has grown the social media content from zero to hero. I love you, dear.

Second, thanks to my crew. I will not go into specifics, but simply say that this was the most challenging edition in the history of the festival. Not a single delay could be attributed to my crew or the venue. Some things are simply beyond our control and they did an amazing job during the weekend to keep things in check. This includes not only the stage crew, but the backstage, lobby, & video production folks as well.

Third, thank you to all the folks at Center Stage. They roll with the punches all year and always accommodate us in the end.

Fourth, thank you to the all the bands. It's a pleasure to work with people that are appreciative of your efforts and go out of your way to be cool with everyone.

Fifth, a special shout out to my sponsors this year. We have a system unlike anywhere in the world and you guys are the reason I can do it every year. I want to give a very special shout-out to Lane Miller, Nathan Block, & Keehn Hosier for the above and beyond efforts this weekend.

Sixth, thanks to the photo crew. They work hard to get the stuff out as soon as possible to capitalize on the buzz.

Seventh, Amaranthe deserves special kudos. For those unaware, Lufthansa lost their luggage that contained all of their backing tracks. We met at 1100 that morning to discuss the situation as their stuff would not arrive in time. I seriously thought they were going to have to go with an unplugged show. However, they worked all day to get the tracks from their producer overseas into a basic format that would work. Thus, they had to start every song from an ipod without any rehearsal. It was hell on them, but they came across as total pros.

Finally, thank you to all the fans that continue to support the festival. It's never going to be perfect, but we sure as hell try. You are the reason we try.

A few random things to note:

1. Emails & messages sent this week will not be answered quickly. Jen & I need time to detox and wrap up festival business matters over the next few days. We will lurk and get back to you when we can.

2. Shirts. We had a handful of small & medium left only (thank you!). I am going to consider a small pressing of other sizes. That will depend on pre-orders. Do not expect any news on this for a few weeks.

3. The video will be online by next week if all goes well. The website re-design obviously will take a while. Claus does a great job. Many thanks to Wayne Joyner for the incredible job on this year's edition with the limited time.

4. Circus Maximus & Sabaton truly love this festival. I think their segments on the roster video prove that.

5. We had a few issues with the Artmore this year that I will address with them in time. However, it only takes one person to ruin something for everyone. As a result, expect changes in the future and I don't blame them one bit.

6. Regular tickets will go on sale in November. I will be in touch with the Gold Badge folks to explain sales prior to that.

7. Sponsors for next year will be announced in the next 4-6 weeks.

8. Expect Pre-Party (Wed) & Kick-Off (Thurs) news soon. I will just say that it's time to take a step back to the old ways next year so my crew can relax a bit more next year.

9. I appreciate all the gifts this year. I'm sorry I didn't get to thank a few of you in person.

Thanks all. See you in 2013.

I really felt for your crew with all of the bullshit that happened with delays and needing to accommodate the situation with Amaranthe's lost shit and such, because I figured they'd be catching flack from people who don't think about the fact that they just want it to work even more than anyone else involved. I felt for Amaranthe too as I talked to Olof and Antony about it. You've never heard a person more relieved that people loved their set and to have gotten through it than Olof. Huge, mega props for everyone involved getting THAT mess sorted out.

It was one of the best festival years ever. On stage and off. Thanks for making this the most party weekend all year!

A great event this year. This was my seventh and my two oldest kids' second. Thank you Glenn and Jen and all the crew for always doing the impossible and getting this festival completed. Truly an amazing feat. And another thanks to Jen for being there (unknowing she would be needed) when I pick up my Kamelot/Nightwish tickets at the window. You are a lifesaver.

Nothing but awesome, all week long.

Glenn, as one of those small bands who wants to make it some day, hearing that you selected one of our songs to play on your filler tracks over the PA means a tremendous amount to me! THANK YOU!!! Whenever you want us on your stage, we'll come running!

Had no idea what happened to Amaranthe, but they knew how to hide it! Pulled off their set like PROFESSIONALS. That's too awesome.

And do you hire a masseuse for your stage crew? They need it! I saw a few of them suffering quite a bit this year! LOL

Glenn... you (and your wife and your crew) rock, dude. I don't attend PPUSA every year, but when I do... I always wish it was a week-long event. Of course, I know YOU are beyond glad it is NOT a week-long event, but between the killer music, the socializing, the insanity, the depravity, and the general overall AWESOME experience, you get the sentiment there.

Kudos on yet ANOTHER mega successful event, and yes, it's quite obvious to me there will be quite a number of years of musical madness of the power and progressive (and occasional, unpredictable) variety.

\m/

I got to thank Jen in person (with a high five!), but I didn't get to thank you personally. You and your crew are appreciated. It was an amazing weekend. Thank you.

Thanks for probably one of the most fun and memorable weekends I have had in years..
Between probably one of if not the best performances at this event and the other things(especially the non stop fun my crew had everywhere)

Thank you Glen, Jen, Crew, and Center Stage. It was another great weekend and all of your hard work shows and it makes it an easy decision each year to come back for more.

Thanks to Glenn, Jen, the crew, and anyone else who has a hand in putting together the best festival year in and year out! :headbang:

Fifth, a special shout out to my sponsors this year. We have a system unlike anywhere in the world and you guys are the reason I can do it every year. I want to give a very special shout-out to Lane Miller, Nathan Block, & Keehn Hosier for the above and beyond efforts this weekend.

As being one of the sponsors, it was a real pleasure and honor and I cannot thank you and Jen enough for the oppurtunity There are often times that I wish I could do more to help with the fest than just writing a check. I am going to have to approach you and Wayne (as I would need him for the art direction) about the feasibility of creating a mobile app for ProgPower (I am now starting to do Android and iOS development at work and would like to take on some interesting projects to do for others as well).

Harvester said:
7. Sponsors for next year will be announced in the next 4-6 weeks.

Which reminds me, none of my bands I put in for made the lineup :bah: But since I did put in for general sponsor as well, I am going to need to get back with you and hopefully get on board with a band for sponsorship for this next year's fest.

But, anyway, thanks again for an awesome time and glad to have been a part of it.

Nothing but awesome, all week long.

Glenn, as one of those small bands who wants to make it some day, hearing that you selected one of our songs to play on your filler tracks over the PA means a tremendous amount to me! THANK YOU!!! Whenever you want us on your stage, we'll come running!

Had no idea what happened to Amaranthe, but they knew how to hide it! Pulled off their set like PROFESSIONALS. That's too awesome.

And do you hire a masseuse for your stage crew? They need it! I saw a few of them suffering quite a bit this year! LOL

Amaranthe worked hard to overcome that and they were great

I was beat from Wed and Thurs shows, but came into thos week with several bruised ribs, so it was gonna be hell no matter what

Glenn and Jen - take a much deserved rest and bow...