Thank you and other ramblings....

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
Before I say another word, I would first like to thank my wife & social media queen, Jen. She works her ass off before, during, and after the festival. She puts in countless hours online to promo the fest. I have zero doubt her efforts are what has helped us return to the quick sell-out days. She also experiences a lot of ups & downs with me along the way all year long. She holds my head up during the bullshit times and also dances in my arms when we celebrate the small victories along the way. Thank you, babe.

It goes without saying we have the best fans in the world that attend this festival. It is not that you just buy a ticket. It is that you create a special atmosphere and comradery unsurpassed in metal. You are there to help us celebrate. You are there to defend us against trolls. You are there to support us through all of the issues with understanding. You are there to help us with anything we need. You are ProgPower USA.

To my crew, fellow promoters, & family, it just doesn’t get any better. This is was perhaps one of the smoothest years in the history of the festival. It was damn near flawless thanks to all of you. All of my managers make it work without me getting in the way. This goes the same for all of those that do their job in advance of the festival as well with graphics, programs, sales, etc. It’s a great feeling to know they have your back when you aren’t around. When you see one of them next year, make sure you stop and shake their hand. They are the real heroes. Instead of just one big list here, I will be spotlighting each of them individually as we head into next year to let you know how hard they work. It is the least I can do for them in terms of recognition.

It was a pleasure to work with all the bands this year. I really appreciate you adapting to the unique ProgPower USA system. I’d like to give a special shout to all the guys in Angra & Paulo, Jamie Cavanagh & Paul from Anathema, Jeff Scott Soto, DC Cooper, Diego from Helker, the guys from Dynazty & Dragonland, and all the goofballs in Voyager. I was able to spend a little extra time with all of them compared to others this year and appreciate all the laughs and extra effort they put in. I’d also like to thank Riverside’s crew for the incredible job they did on the change-over with my guys.

I owe thanks to all the gang at Center Stage. After 15 years, it truly is home. However, it is the staff that makes it a home and more than just a building.

I’m not going to go into the visa bullshit details we experienced last minute just yet. You do need to know that plans are already in place to deal with the new bullshit the USCIS threw at us this year. Now that we know they do not have to play by their own rules, we can be better prepared to deal with it far in advance.

I know there are a lot of questions regarding the format change for next year. I will post more on that later this week.

Remember to set your clock on October 3rd for 10am ET. Let’s sell this bitch out next year so I can start planning for 2017.

Cheers,

Glenn

Glenn & Jen,

I cant speak for everyone, but youve given us a place to belong as a family and given us a purpose when we come together. My wife and I and the members of the band cant thank you enough. No matter the trails and tests, you are affecting peoples lives. Giving us friendships and memories that will last. We cant ever repay you for that ... so I guess we'll keep buying tickets !!!

Thank you !
Jeremy, Kristina & InnerSiege

Can't thank you enough Glenn, Jen, Nathan, Milton, and everyone! You are gods and goddesses among men! Glad I can help in my small way with my badges and FB sharing for promotion; and going into the future whatever else I can do to assist! Year 5 coming up for me, and it's just getting better and better with this amazing family.

Huzzah G. and as its been said many times and many more as well, thanks for all you and Jen and your crew do. Next year should sell out faster than this year :) #PPUSA4Ever

Bear

Thank YOU Glenn, Jen, Nathan and Milton for all the hard work that all of you to make this festival the best it can be. I am proud to help sponsor the festival. Give yourselves a pat on the back! I am already looking forward to next year!

Every year it is a family reunion of us metalheads with a great musical soundtrack. I hope you continue this festival for many more years to come! :)

thanks for being awesome, Bossman and Bosslady. i am honored to work for you and this festival.

let's sell this bitch out ASAP
#areWeThereYet #PPUSA #home #family

Thank you, thank you, thank you Glenn and Jen! Who knew that when I flew out from Phoenix by myself in 2006 to see Circus Maximus in the Showcase that I would find a whole family of kindred spirits? All of your hard work year-round has changed SO many lives for the better!

You had the universe pelting lemons at you and you kept squeezing them and giving us all fresh tasty lemonade. Thank you so much Glenn see you next year.

All I can do is echo everyone else and say a big amen.

I'm no veteran but I surely do love Progpower more than I can say and I can't wait to make next year the third in a row.

What happens with Gold badge holders for Wednesday & Thursday? Do we get 1st dibs at tickets/gold badges?

I'm guessing that you will send gold badge info out for next year before tickets go on sale in October?

I already know that I'm in unless I'm dead(always a possibility)

The countdown has started for 2016! Let's do this shit!

Thank you Glenn and everyone else on the ProgPower crew. You guys do a fantastic job! Thanks for making the first week of September a special time we all look forward to all year long. And thanks for bringing Freedom Call to the states next year. \m/

Thank you Glenn and Jen for another awesome year. I agree that this seemed to be the smoothest yet (notwithstanding items mentioned). The missus and I are already booked at the Artmore and ready to return.

I am wearing my ProgPower shirt to the Symphony X/Overkill show next month to help in spreading the word (even if sold out before that)!

P.S.

I'd like to give a big :wave: to everyone who said Anathema was not a headliner when I announced them last year.

2u8crw7.jpg

I don't care if Anathema was headliner or opener, my ass was gonna be parked up front regardless.

I thought about coming up to you at the Artmore and thanking you personally, but I figured it was best to let you enjoy your drink and soak in the atmosphere.

For me, ProgPower is my vacation. It is the one time where I don't have to worry about anything but attending the show amongst people I feel like I belong with.

I didn't imagine that 15 years later I'd still be coming to this festival, but it is a tribute to the hard work that Glenn and his crew does every year that keeps me coming back. Thanks Glen.