Thank you guys! I nearly finished my "headphones" mix... (Post Hardcore, Screamo)

Maybe a little much on that limiter. a little too much clipping. its kinda muddying up the mix.

Hi-Fi mix fer sure! It sounded killer on my desktop speakers but a bit muddy on my rp5's. An overall good mix though. Maybe a bit more "meat" in the guitars, a slight boost around 2khz or something.
But you gotta tell me the chain for those vocals, they sound awesome!

Hey thanks! :):)

Concerning the guitars, I had some Problems in combining them with the many Elements that are going on in this song. I wanted the drums and the vocals stand out a lil bit more, and had to deal with all the FX and Synth. But a 2k boost should be great, to get more bite. Thanks for this advice!

I didn't do much on the vocals (i think you mean the shouter not the singer, cause I did a LOT on the last :D).
I used my MD421 for recording the shouting. This was an experiment and I think it worked great. I doubletracked and really overcompressed them. Some Waves Ultrapitch for more backingvoices and some EQ.

:)

Drums are real recorded and sweetend with slate. The snaresound is achieved by mixing 4 samples together with different EQ settings. Drums are quantisized to hell! ;D Had a clipper on the drum bus (without OHs and Room), some parallel compression and a limiter on the OHs. Nothing special I think. I found it difficult to get these snare reverbs to sound nice. Took me a lot of time to automate and EQ them.
As I mentioned in the old thread, guitars were going to the diamond plate and some nice mesa booge and engl impulses. Sharp cutting at 4k and 80-100 Hz. Than it went through the vintage warmer, harmonic exciter and a limiter.

great mix man ! realy liked the drums sound :) good recording
what are you settings in the vintage warmer? interesting
tho, I can hear the bass itself - mybe more bass will make your guitar sound like it has more basis and power

but the mix works for this kind of music :)

this sounds fantastic except the previously mentioned issues with the guitars, seems like they could use some more low mids, they sound kinda scratchy and weak in comparison to other recordings of this style. great sounding drums and vocals though!

When I mixed, I noticed the same about the guitars. They have a lot of low mids but they can't come get through. Don't know what I'm doing wrong there. If I pushed 250 Hz more and more the mix sounded kinda blown up. I think that diamond plate + mesa impulse did not deliver as much lows as I needed. Thanks for that critique. Thats something I can make better next time.

This is pretty damn rad dude. Especially for just being mixed with headphones. I agree that the guitars could have a bit more meat/body. But really I would seriously be stoked to have recorded this. Nice man.

Sounds pretty good, but what is going on with the guitars? Very odd panning.. It almost sounds like duplicated one guitar track, time shifted one 3 miliseconds or something and panned them.