Post Hardcore / Metalcore mixed with headphones! ;D What do you think...

Aug 9, 2010
Germany
Hey guys,

I recorded the first band in my new studio last weekend. Unfortunatly I could only do the mix with my DT770 headphones, cause I'm on the road right now. Nevertheless I'm pretty happy about how it sounds!
Of course it isn't finished until i made my final mix in the studio. Also there are some vocal lines and a lot of snare reverse reverbs and things like that missing. ;)

Dropbox:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10409472/tha song mix4.mp3

I'm pretty excited what you think about the sound by now. Forgive me some possible frequency issues, caused by the fact that I only used headphones! ;D Btw I did a lot of A/B comparison to joey sturgis productions.
Would be happy about every kind of critic or help!!

Greetings from Germany
Christoph

The overall mix sounds really good to me, but in my opinions guitars could be a bit more "smooth" to fit the song. And nice song by the way :)

If you were going for a bass heavy mix it sounds good. But I'm on headphones and the bass is really overpowering. Just a heads up. Sounds good though. I love the drum sounds.

Thanks guys. Rlab, what do you mean with more "smooth"?

@fuimjb: Yeah I knew that it would be difficult to evaluate the lows, but is it really that much? Spectrometer looks ok, i think.

In my opinions, guitars are too fuzzy, they sound a bit too much agressive. Giving them a more "creamy" tone :)D) could be nice, but it is onlu my opinion !

Id create a separate reverb send for breakdown snares, try out a few different reverbs, see what sits well and makes it sound big

And even possibly blend in the same snare sample with more low end on it!

I actually think the guitars fit the overall feel of the song pretty well. They have a nice bite to them without being too over the top. Sounds good, dude!

I think thet kick needs to come up, it kind of reminds me of vanna's mix. I really like this band dude what's the info on them?

Sorry, but I can't tell you their name until this song is released. But I will, when it is! ;)

Concerning the big snare reverb I still don't get what I want. It always sounds like "Snare... and VEEERB".... and not like "SNAREVERB"... you know what I mean? I dont geht one big sound. I even tried to tune the reverb down a bit. Doesn't work.
What reverb plugin would you recommend?
I believe Joey S uses UAD reverbs for this. Damn, I need this card! :D