Thank You Scientist: Stranger Heads Prevail

lane_miller

Space Ghost
Aug 31, 2008
Near Raleigh, NC
TYS have (finally) released their sophomore album, entitled Stranger Heads Prevail. First listen shows a very promising album with plenty of punch, prog technicalities, pop vocals, big-band madness, and their patented brand of zaniness. Could this be album of the year? Definitely maybe! Here are a few links for you to check out:

Reactions: MelbCro
Yeah, listened to the new tracks on Youtube last week. As always good stuff and I hope that one of these days they can play Progpower. While not metal per se, I think they'd slay.

I remember not getting into them before, but I just listened to Mr. Invisible and it verily removed me from my socks. Definitely going to look into more.

Yeah, listened to the new tracks on Youtube last week. As always good stuff and I hope that one of these days they can play Progpower. While not metal per se, I think they'd slay.

Longshot - It would be great to see them play PP. Maybe, I'll see you at Storybook Farms over Labor Day weekend.

Congrats Lane, your constant pushing of TYS paid off. I bought both of their albums earlier today. It's definitely clicked now.

For anyone who might be interested, "Stranger Heads Prevail" will be one of the featured albums (along with new releases from Evergrey, Scarlean, Paul Bremner, Vivaldi Metal Project, Hammers of Misfortune and more) on my radio show tonight starting at 7pm Eastern US time on www.progpalaceradio.com. Tune in and drop by the chat room if y'all get the chance!

Longshot - It would be great to see them play PP. Maybe, I'll see you at Storybook Farms over Labor Day weekend.

I will be there, as usual. Progday actually has a great lineup this year, with the return of Discipline and Dues Ex Machina. Also Bent Knee, who was the big hit of RoSFest, will also be there. Unfortunately, I had missed their set, but I picked up their album and it is excellent.

Course, one of these days I'll simply drive down to Atlanta after Progday to attend ProgPower, but while my son is in school, I'll have to drive back home to return my family and fly down.

I picked up their last cd when I found out they are opening on the US tour for Haken....got really into it, just got their new one and I'm really enjoying that as well.