Thank you so much from Zero Hour!!!

ZHJ&T

Dec 7, 2002
www.zerohourweb.com
We had an amazing time at BARfest and I can't thank David Hatchell for all his energy in bringing Progressive & Power METAL to the Bay Area. As I said in the past the Bay Area scene has been suffering for awhile with many clubs closing down and having some acts bypassing the Bay.

David is a real fan of music 1st......I remember seeing David storming backstage after Eyefear and DC Cooper doing a number together. David couldn't wipe the smile of his face, tearing up and he was just overwhelmed from that moment. That's what music is all about and David has nothing but love for the music and the fans of this music. YOU WAY RULE DAVID and Christina and I can't thank you for bringing us up on stage and giving us a weekend in one of my most favorite places....CAPITOLA!!! Yes David is that cool and lets please support the events he puts together, a kat who's in it for the right reasons.

I want to thank all the amazing bands who played on the bill. TIMELINE (My brutha Eric and the rest of the cool kats in this band YOU RULE!!!) Spocks Beard, Mob Rules, Balance of Power ( acts I wanted to see but I was in Vegas as you all know..I heard so many great things about how great of people Mob RULES were and they did an awesome set. Balance of Power and Corey just was hitting them notes, that's awesome Corey. Spocks Beard for closing a great first night at BARfest) Enchant and what can I say but that all these guy's so RULE!!! I just dig every member in this band and to ED and Sean you two are one of my fav-rhythm sections out there. These guy's just own and are just the coolest kats I have the pleasure of knowing. Doug, Ted, Bill you guy's all so RULE!! Doug has an amazing style and always hits the right notes. Ted what can I say just one of the best singers period. Bill you're one of the coolest kats to chat with and amazing work on the boards bro.

Day 2 Odin's Court who are just the best people you'll ever meet and KILLER players. These are all my bro's and like Matt say we're family. I've know Rick since the 1st ProgPower and it's so awesome that now we've done some awesome shows together bro. It was great for me to see you kats ROCK the Bay and I raise the Horns your way kats. Not to mention BARB AND NIKKI ARE MY METAL-SISTA'S...SO METAL!! EYEFEAR and let me say again some of the nicest kats out there and man did these guy's put together an awesome set. Hope to do some shows with these kats in the future and get back safe to Australia my METAL-BRO'S...YOU KILLED AT BARFEST. Crimson Glory who I always wanted to see and they did a great set. Jon Olivia's Pain and man these guy's are so kick ass cool. Thank you guy's for headlining the event and for giving us a great set. Man can that guitarist make that guitar sing and Jon is such a great kat. I can't forget to Ronnie of METAL CHURCH and DC Cooper. It was a pleasure chatting with both of you and you guy's are awesome.

Most of all I want to thank all our friends and fans for showing up to BARfest. YOU ALL SO RULE and we love chatting it up with all of you and hanging out. YOU ALL ARE THE BEST.....

To the awesome crew BEAR, HENRY, ERIC, PHIL, JOHN HOUGH and all the staff at the Independant who were awesome to us. If I forgot anyone please fogive me, we appreciate everyone for all their support.

Here's an awesome clip from our bro SHARWARD at BARfest. Thank so much man and here's the link for all of you to enjoy. If you dig it please leave us some feedback.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgA0Cz529O0

Jasun/ZH

Dude!!! It was so kick-ass to get to see you again! You guys so need to come back out here and play at Jaxx again! It is people like you that keeps me wanting to come back for more! I love your music and I love your attitude! Zero Hour is definitely up there as one of my most favorite bands out there.

Keep on rocking hard my metal brotha!

Man Steven that's so awesome to hear from you man and you made our day.

We will get back to JAXX in VA bro and thank you for coming out and supporting bro....YOU JUST KICK ARSE!!!

Sending the METAL sign your way Steven and great to see you again.

Jasun/ZH

Sending the METAL sign your way Steven and great to see you again.

Jasun/ZH

Oh hell yeah! And back to you! :headbang:

Anything to support a brotha in metal! I am just a happy fan out looking for some good music! However, you, my friend, friggan KICK-ASS on that bass guitar! I envy you! The funny thing was that between Eyefear and your set, I had to run out and get something to eat (I was starving!). Thus, I missed the first song of your set, although I was just outside the front door listening to it while eating my pizza (they wouldn't let me take it in, so I ended up having to eat it out there on the street, but it gave me the opportunity to hang out a little bit with Eyefear's Danny and D.C. Cooper, though! :kickass: ). The doorman had this look on his face, and then he told me something along the lines of "Holy shit, that bassist friggan kicks some ass! Damn is he good!"

So yeah, keep it up! I sure as hell hope I get to see you again!

Jasun! You guys ruled! You Rule! And you will continue to Rule!! Thanks for the shirt dude! You are officially in there with the first wedding gift! :lol:
And Holy Shit!! Congrats to you and Christina! :headbang:

Your set was the most kick ass and animated yet! Tell Chris he pulled it off, Cold and all!! BARfest 1 was da BOMB!!!
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Take care metal brotha!

Brett

Awesome seeing you again bro, and congrats on the wedding. It was an awesome festival... and man you ain't kiddin about Matt Laporte making that guitar sing. Holy shit he was incredible. Guy had tone leaking out of his ears. Fuckin incredible.

Thanks to everyone in Zero Hour for being a part of the creation of Bay Area Rock Fest and I'm sure that we(Timeline) will be doing many shows together in the near future.
Without your passion for this music we would have not had the extra encouragement to make it all happen.
Enjoy Capitola J!!!

Cheers:kickass:

Eric

Dude!!!

Wow! Thanks for all the awesome stuff you said there brutha! You, your brother, and the rest of your badn have ALWAYS been the coolest kats around and treated me well since Day 1 @ PP1!! It has been such an honor doing the shows together with ZH!

I always thought you guys were awesome, but getting to really know you, I'm truly blown away by your kindness and generousity!! You truly deserve the best in life and I sincerely hope that all the best comes your way!! YOU RULE and so does Christina!!! :headbang: :headbang:

Awesome seeing you again bro, and congrats on the wedding. It was an awesome festival... and man you ain't kiddin about Matt Laporte making that guitar sing. Holy shit he was incredible. Guy had tone leaking out of his ears. Fuckin incredible.
And all that tone came from some Vox foot pedal! Matt hated the Line 6 he tried, but loved that from the moment he plugged in. I believe that Ben Jackson also used it that night.

And all that tone came from some Vox foot pedal! Matt hated the Line 6 he tried, but loved that from the moment he plugged in. I believe that Ben Jackson also used it that night.

Nope Jon Drenning used it that night, we set Ben up with the other Mesa Dual Rectifier!!It was a sick ass tone for Matt and Jon, I am going to buy one of those bad boys!!!!

Bear

As I said in my thank you post, I have seen ZH many times now, going back to 2001 in San Jose and in Chicago at PPUSA 1 and I never will get tired of seeing my brothas play, you guys always give your best and put on a great show and hates off to Chris for giving 150% when he was sick, you cats rule!!!!

Thank you again Jay for the ZH shirt, you rock brotha!!!!Have fun on your weekend getaway :headbang:

Bear

Nope Jon Drenning used it that night, we set Ben up with the other Mesa Dual Rectifier!!It was a sick ass tone for Matt and Jon, I am going to buy one of those bad boys!!!!

Bear
:lol: That's cool. I didn't know who was who. I had a 50/50 chance of getting it right and didn't. Damn it! ;) I have to admit it was pretty damn good. And that was direct, right? If so, then it was even more amazing. I'm pretty happy with my Line 6 POD XT Live that I use for practice. I was going to use it out there going through a power amp into a cabinet, but when I heard there was a Mesa Boogie at my disposal, I was all over that (since I play through a Mark IV normally).

Nope actually Matt ran that through the effects loop on the JCM 900 mic'ed...We were fussing with it for a little bit on the sound check , he was having guitar issues too but Mark from the CG crew fixed him right up!!!

Bear

Nope actually Matt ran that through the effects loop on the JCM 900 mic'ed...We were fussing with it for a little bit on the sound check , he was having guitar issues too but Mark from the CG crew fixed him right up!!!

Bear
Wow! I had no idea that he gone through all that trouble. So there was a lot of tube amp helping to color that tone -- that makes me feel better. ;) Thanks for the info.

Wow! I had no idea that he gone through all that trouble. So there was a lot of tube amp helping to color that tone -- that makes me feel better. ;) Thanks for the info.

Nice to hear some guitar talk goin' on here...

Dude, I use the POD XT LIVE for my direct home stuff as well, when I can't plug in the Marshall. It sounds great once you tweak it a lot, otherwise it'll come off a bit flat. I didn't really dig amp modeling until they got to this stage in development, much better then the earlier versions...