Thankfully, now I know I'm not nuts!!!

Glenn Fricker

Very Metal &Very Bad News
Mar 6, 2005
22 Acacia Avenue
http://science.discovery.com/tv/senses-collide/senses-collide.html

As far back as I can remember, I've always seen colour when listening to music. Turns out, it's a very real phenomenon called "Synesthesia." It's not something that I can control or manipulate, it just happens. Certain instruments have certain colours & they just appear. I.E. Hetfield's guitars always sound "green" to me, whereas Zakk Wylde's always sound "red and yellow."
I remember explaining the experience to my older brother years ago & him looking at me like I was off my rocker. Nothing like a little vindication.
Some more info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synesthesia

Does anyone else here experience this?

-0z-

I guess I've had it happen, but I tend to think it's more because of the colors (if they have them) of album covers, such as the Bodom albums. I'm really not a very visually artistic person, though...

I guess I've had it happen, but I tend to think it's more because of the colors (if they have them) of album covers, such as the Bodom albums. I'm really not a very visually artistic person, though...

Yup, all the time. It's often associated with album cover colors for me, though, so I'm not sure if it's the same.

I do this as well. I don't think it's the same thing. For instance, Wages of Sin sounds red to me. I'm pretty sure it's just an association, not Synesthesia. Although it is pretty tangible sometimes.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure Geoff Emerick has this. (Synesthesia)

I knew about it, but never met anybody who is experiencing it.
Speaking of experience..... Hendrix used to describe his music in colours.

As you mention it...Lysergsäurediäthylamid could indeed be very helpful on synesthethic perception:)

Yeah...I also associated it with album covers. The example I remember most vividly is Iced Earth's Burnt Offerings....I always see dark red when I listen to that album..

yeah, that's what you learn in school...german-class (for you english, french or whatever) 7th grade or so when analyzing poems etc...
"Synesthesia"

"the young morning tasted like fizzy clouds on a blue sky" or whatever....

oh, and btw that goes for almost everything.....thursday is dark green and wednesday is yellow! ;)

yeah, that's what you learn in school...german-class (for you english, french or whatever) 7th grade or so when analyzing poems etc...
"Synesthesia"

"the young morning tasted like fizzy clouds on a blue sky" or whatever....

oh, and btw that goes for almost everything.....thursday is dark green and wednesday is yellow! ;)

Yeah, I learned about that last year in university.

Guess the guys with synesthesia always use cubase' function to change colors for every track :)

What i tend to experience is when i hear albums or songs, some run to the right , and others to the left, i don´t now how to explaine it right, but it´s another thing