Thanks from M.E. + PPUSA VI Slideshow within…

MEFlyingV

Sep 13, 2004
NYC, USA
www.overlorde.com
The_gang_2.jpg

Hails!

I just wanted to drop in and say hello to everyone I met while at ProgPower VI last month. It was my first time attending and it totally lived up to all the great things I have heard about it. I could really see the sense of community everyone has.

My thanks to Hoyt/Rider of Theli (pictured above, far right) for hosting me at his house and also to Glenn, Deron, and the folks at THE END RECORDS and SONIC AGE RECORDS for their help in arranging the Overlorde Meet and Greet session on Saturday.

I put together a slideshow of the weekend here. I think many of you will see yourselves…

Also be sure to check out www.myspace.com/overlorde or www.overlorde.com to see our CURRENT NEWS section for other updates, including initial news about the upcoming KEEP IT TRUE IV DVD featuring 4 songs from Overlorde’s debut European performance this past April.

Besides the KIT DVD, lots of very cool things are happening for Overlorde in the next few months that have yet to be officially announced on our site. A video single will be coming out, we have had our first song licensed for a DVD release (an extreme sports DVD), and I am judging a band contest that is being cosponsored by Sickmetal.com and Revolver magazine. I am scheduled to do a group photo in L.A. with the other judges (including the one and only Lemmy) and the photo will be on the cover of Revolver’s April issue. Pretty cool, huh?

OK for now. Hope you all enjoy the slideshow! If anyone wants the link to enter the band contest, drop me a line.

It was my honor as a friend and fan to host Mark Edwards for the weekend of PPUSA VI. Thanks for being here, man!

to everyone else - for sheer American Power Metal, no one can touch Overlorde. This is the next band I could see tearing the roof off of Earthlink Live at a future ProgPower show - perhaps next year? *rubs chin*

If you're a power metal fan, and you've not checked out Overlorde yet, do yourself a favor and get their debut album! You won't regret it.

:kickass:

~Hoyt.

Awesome, I met Mark at the meet&greet, great guy and great band!!! Thanks for the poster Mark!

Overlorde for a future ProgPower or Pre Party!!

TBJ said:
Yes, get this guys on PPVII!!!:headbang:

Looks like they could do a "Manticora" and open PPVII with a BANG!

I couldn't agree more! :kickass: With the pounding rhythm section, M.E.'s mastery of the flying V, and Bobby 'Leather Lungs' Lucas on vocals, Glenn couldn't go wrong with booking Overlorde as an opener who'd blow the doors off the place!

SNOW GIANT!!! :worship:

Thanks for the great words everyone. It would indeed be great to play next year. We got to play in front of 1,200 European fans in Germany last year, it would be great to play for a similar crowd in the U.S. too!

Seeing and hearing Kong play bass live is something nobody will forget (among other things!).

I got some cool news this weekend. At least one of the writers at METAL MANIACS is naming RETURN OF THE SNOW GIANT in their TOP 10 CDS of 2005 list. Prety cool....

And if anyone is online tonight (or any Sunday night), be sure to tune into the SONIC AGE POWER HOUR at BAD ATTITUDE RADIO (www.kissthis.com). Starting at 10pm CST, this is 120 minutes of randomly selected tunes from Sonic Age/Cult Metal Classics Records artists (which includes Overlorde). Bands like Penetrator, Nicodemus, Manilla Road, Hellfire and more...So be sure to tune in. Visit www.kissthis.com (no need to register to listen).