Overlorde: QUEEN OF THE REICH cover song posted at MySpace

MEFlyingV

Sep 13, 2004
NYC, USA
www.overlorde.com
OVERLORDE PRESS RELEASE: For immediate distribution MARCH 11, 2006
www.overlorde.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) NEW SONG POSTED: For a few years now, we have mentioned that Overlorde recorded a cover of QUEEN OF THE REICH which is to be featured on the forthcoming "WARNING: Minds of Raging Empires...Vol.2 / A Tribute to Queensryche" - coming soon!

Keith Menser of Siegen Records has approved the posting of the song on Overlorde's MySpace page (streaming version only, no downloads) for a limited time. http://www.myspace.com/overlorde So head on over and check it out! The song will be available only from March 11th to April 11th, 2006!

If any distributors are interested in carrying the tribute CD, contact ovrlrde@aol.com and we will hook you up with Siegen Records. Our special thanks to thanks to Keith Menser for allowing us to bring you this preview.

2) SPECIAL OFFER!: From now until April 11th, 2006, you can order RETURN OF THE SNOW GIANT and the KEEP IT TRUE IV DVD directly from Overlorde! And get a free OVERLORDE Poster!

This offer is a great opportunity for North American fans who have not purchased the CD or the DVD yet for lack of a credit card or Paypal. You can order from Overlorde using a U.S. Postal Money Order. See www.overlorde.com for details.

3) BRAVE WORDS & BLOODY KNUCKLES MAGAZINE: Issue # 94, out now (April 2006), features the first major North American advertising campaign by our label, Sonic Age Records. It centers around Overlorde, and celebrates the new EXCLUSIVE LABEL distribution deal between Sonic Age and THE END RECORDS DISTRIBUTION! See the quarter page full color ad on Page 79 and hear the song SNOW GIANT on the Knuckletrack CD that accompanies each issue! Spread the word! Tell your friends to check it out! And a mighty HAIL to all our new fans from BRAVE WORDS & BLOODY KNUCKLES MAGAZINE!

4) UPCOMING LIVE RADIO INTERVIEW: On MARCH 15, 2006, Overlorde's M.E. travels to the studios of THE METAL FORTRESS in the very metal Kingdom of Connecticut to join Mistress Vivian for a live interview on-air and online. The show airs from 1:00PM to 3:00pm EST. http://vivian7rose.tripod.com/ Tune in on-air at 91.7 FM WHUS Storrs, CT or online at: http://whuscast.saup.uconn.edu/

End Press Release

Go listen to it guys and gals its worth it. OVERLORDE really does a great job on this song, and OVERLODE ROCKS. Maybe next year we can push for them at PPVIII, i think it would be a great fit.

Sorry, but I've heard Jen Martire of Krone doing that song last year at PP. She was the best thing next to a circa 1987 version of Geoff Tate.

Steve in Philly

DarkOne said:
Sorry, but I've heard Jen Martire of Krone doing that song last year at PP. She was the best thing next to a circa 1987 version of Geoff Tate.

Steve in Philly

Well I didnt hear Jen, but I would say the same thing about Bobby's performance.

Dead on Geoff Tate.

And did Jen's band do a better version than us playing the song? Did you listen to our version?

Just wondering.

Jen who?

:Smug:

But I do know Overlorde, and this version of Queen of the Reich kicks all kinda ASS! :kickass: They're right - Bobby Lucas is like an eighteez Geoff Tate doppleganger on this song. Damn fine job!

Hail all!

The response to our cover of QUEEN OF THE RECIH has been AMAZING!

Here are out just some of the MANY song and general comments people have posted about it. Ratings are at the far right (out of possible 10 rating).

QOTR_Comments.jpg

Have you heard it yet? It will only be streaming until April 11th!

Hear it, and read more comments, at www.myspace.com/overlorde

And don't forget...for a limited time, buy our CD titled RETURN OF THE SNOW GIANT, and/or the KEEP IT TRUE IV DVD, and get a FREE POSTER! Even better, this offer is made directly by the band, so you can pay using U,S. Postal Money Order (great for those of you without credit cards). Offer ends April 11th. Get details at www.overlorde.com

Holy fuck!! Your singer musta lost his nuts in 'Nam!!!

Now that's what I call power metal screaming!!! Would it be shameless plugging and conflict of interests if you guys brought some of your albums to PP7 this year so I can buy them? Or perhaps if you're going to Chicago Powerfest?

Bryan316 said:
Holy fuck!! Your singer musta lost his nuts in 'Nam!!!

Now that's what I call power metal screaming!!! Would it be shameless plugging and conflict of interests if you guys brought some of your albums to PP7 this year so I can buy them? Or perhaps if you're going to Chicago Powerfest?

Thanks! Bobby really does have a set of "Leather Lungs" eh? He also sang on the first two SEVEN WITCHES CDs and the EXHIBITION CD.

If THE END RECORDS has a booth at either fest you can get it from them or online at their Omega store.

Here is the dedicated page at OMEGA for all Sonic Age Records artists.

http://shopping.theendrecords.com/s.nl/sc.9/category.5191/.f

Also, Nightmare Records will soon be offering our CD online (including at their Amazon store) and I would expect Lance would have it with him for sale at the Nightmare Records vendor booth if he has one at either fest.

Also, check out the special offer we have ongoing through April 11th:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/medwards126925/overlorde/specialoffer.html

OK, thanks again!

I listened to it once last week, and again two days in a row, and I've gotta say you guys nailed it pretty damn good.

I'm not a big fan of cover songs, but there are two very different elements that appeal to me: (1) a unique approach that makes the song sound totally different or (2) a dead-on reproduction of the original using your own band's talents.

You guys hit #2 dead on, Mark. Give ol Leather Lungs credit on this one, because having a singer who can perform a dead-on reproduction of early Geoff Tate is rare. And he really nailed it in certain parts. Important parts.

NP: Fifth Angel s/t

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
I listened to it once last week, and again two days in a row, and I've gotta say you guys nailed it pretty damn good.

I'm not a big fan of cover songs, but there are two very different elements that appeal to me: (1) a unique approach that makes the song sound totally different or (2) a dead-on reproduction of the original using your own band's talents.

You guys hit #2 dead on, Mark. Give ol Leather Lungs credit on this one, because having a singer who can perform a dead-on reproduction of early Geoff Tate is rare. And he really nailed it in certain parts. Important parts.

NP: Fifth Angel s/t

Thanks!

Yeah Bobby is remarkable. I have heard him sing songs from every major metal band/singer either with Overlorde or Exhibition (Overlorde has done a few other covers and Exhibition used to play full three-set nights doing a mix of covers and originals).

Bobby can cover AND SOUND LIKE anyone. When he sings DESERT PLAINS or TOUCH OF EVIL, he IS Halford. When he sings THE TROOPER, he IS Dickinson. When he sings DIE YOUNG, he IS Ronnie James Dio.

Just amazing.