Thanks obsessive spammers!

Mmmm, I think that rule is rather pointless. Whoever wants to spam will continue spamming no matter what, and that rule certainly doesn't stop spammers because you can close one thread, but you can always start another one. It would be a lot better if Mark deleted spam posts of certain individuals or ban the obsessive spammers, which aren't many I might add :rolleyes:

There's no point to spamming now. Some people don't even seem to have interest in an occasional comment on a discussion, just increasing their postcount. Some people seem to emphasize their postcount, and some idiots think they'll gain respect with mindless spamming.

Instead of closing the threads, why not kill some people's post counts and ban a few people? Premium membership seems to be a way some people make themselves immune to rules and flood the forums.

I'll admit I used to spam, but never to the extent of many people now, and it got out of hand and I stopped. I'm sick of all this shit, and I enjoyed the Chat forum community, even with some assholes interrupting it. Time to retreat to the DT forum.

Yeah Xeno, I've always wanted to see your evil side. :D

I also agree with everything Steve said, apart from the whole retreating-to-the-DT-forum thing. *shudders* I don't see what stopping threads will solve, if more threads are created it just gives the mindless spammers more of a chance to spam mindlessly. :confused: People should be targeted, not threads; while there are threads on UM, people will spam.

Lets make a rule that people with 10 thousand posts or more get their accounts brought back to zero posts.

Make that a post limit of 20 per day, except if you're in/from Mexico City in which case it's 1 per day, and none at the weekends.

Don't blame only spam.

Long threads were to blame just as much if not more.
It happens on most boards that when there are too many long threads you are likely to find that a thread limit will be introduced.

All the so called none spammers who posted nearly everyday in the "Who gets the last word in?", "Q&A", "Official Language" threads are just as much to blame.

So yes I am pleased with this new rule and I think it will make the board run a lot better.

Profånity said:
Don't blame only spam.

It happens on most boards that when there are too many long threads you are likely to find that a thread limit will be introduced.

All the so called none spammers who posted nearly everyday in the "Who gets the last word in?", "Q&A", "Official Language" threads are just as much to blame.

So yes I am pleased with this new rule and I think it will make the board run a lot better.
:lol: :lol:

Profånity said:
Don't blame only spam.

Shut the fuck up.

Reactions: Erik
ante said:
sshhhhh violet is in mexico :lol:

and I like reading her posts too :cry:

and thanny :cry:
awwww :oops:
but i dont live in mexico city, only manuel and luis do, so you can go ahead and make the 1 post per day rule :D

Reactions: ante