Thanks Ol

Hello!

I discovred orphaned land a year ago. I wanted to listen some music from Israel, and OL is the one I like the most!

The particularity of OL is to play very different kinds of music. Some metal (metal with some beautifull oriental melody), some religious song shir Hamalot, or song like beloved cry which is simply WONDERFULL!

I'm religious, and it's rare that some metal groups don't take position against religion. Do you plan to sing other songs which come from jewish litturgy?

I know that a brand called Salem have problems, and the knesset had to poll because they sang a song from the holocaust named Haayara boelet.

What do you think of that?

Thanks for all your musics
Excuse me for my bad English

leitra'ot
Ilan LEVI

Well, I don't seriously care about the message (not sure if it's a good idea to say that on the band's forum!), but I really like OL's music. I was introduced to them by a dear person a couple of months ago, and I am really glad about that :)
Their combination of Doom-like metal and the arabic and middle eastern music (both harmony and instrumental-wise) is really impressive.

Hello Ilan and welcome to the forum,

Orphaned Land is strange band if I can talk about it as a band member, we like to be the light of the dark in the metal scene :)

We will continue to use Jewish/muslim/christian elements with harmony, be ware of our next album which will be released in a few months.

Shalom/Salam.

Kobi,
ORPHANED LAND.

Hello Ilan! Welcome to the board and thank you for the sweet message you sent me the other day. You have very good taste in music, AND sports! Hockey is the best...see you around!

Samantha