Thanks to the person..... sonic timeworks !

Apr 9, 2004
hey i can't find the dude ( and the posts on the thread who recommended the sonic timeworks mastering compressor but i'd like to say thanks heaps cos it's making my mixes sound sooo much louder and punchier as well as letting that snare pop cut thru like u said it would do !!

if u are the person please own up !! massive props:kickass:

A Toolish Circle said:
hey i can't find the dude ( and the posts on the thread who recommended the sonic timeworks mastering compressor but i'd like to say thanks heaps cos it's making my mixes sound sooo much louder and punchier as well as letting that snare pop cut thru like u said it would do !!

did you buy it or you download it ?

can you sheare it please ?¿¿

pd: works for cubase .P?

cobhc said:
do not ask for pirated software to be shared on this forum, thank you.

go stevey the mod :heh: Yeh, steer clear of talking pirates... can only bring strife to andy. But yeh! I suppose everybody has recommended timeworks recently, that mastering compressor seems to really bump the levels without causing problems like the waves l2 snare loss

I think it's a great plugin but sometimes you can get some nasty distortion with it. Especially with tom hits. Don't push it too hard. I also couldn't get the internal dithering to work without annoying clicks in the mixdown file.

Otherwise, a highly recommended plugin.

I wasn't very impressed with the ST plugin. Started distorting really quickly so the loudness gain wasn't that much.

My favorite right now is a combo of Voxengo Elephant and the free TLs Maximizer. Then again, my mixes aren't super loud ...

A Toolish Circle said:

This MIGHT be the post you're looking for.... :)
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4731125&postcount=18

Has anyone got any experience with the Kjaerhus mastering limiter? - looks pretty good. It has a free demo on their site, but I won't really have the time to use it for about 2 weeks. If anyone checks it out let me know what its like. I downloaded all their free ones too, but I won't really have the time to try them out either for a while.

That purple plugin looks like it's home made... but it's 399, so it must be worth something right?

Does it sound good?

Black neon bob said:
That purple plugin looks like it's home made... but it's 399, so it must be worth something right?

Does it sound good?

What the...
Are you kidding ?

If you want a compressor that sounds better than that purple monster, and is infinitely cheaper, click here and download Vanilla Compressor.