That Black 13 Pedal is AWESOME

aliasp

Old School since '86
Oct 26, 2003
HOLY SHEET OF PAPER.

Just watched the demo vid about the Black 13 Pedal. How cool is that!!!

Especially the Finale tone.

I want one. :headbang:

Yeah, the Madhouse and Protest and Survive are SPOT ON!
I mean, they all sound killer and I'm saving already but those sound EXACTLY like the records!!

If anyone has it, a review would be really helpful.

I wanna play March of the SOD aaaaaaaaaalllll day!:hotjump: :hotjump:

If only it wasn't for that whole "job" thing:erk:

Im expecting mine hopfully today, if not after the weekend. Ill give you guys my personal review. If you have seen the demo vid, i think the pedal has spoken for itself. I wonder if theres going to be a Black 14? I want a Time tone.

yeah some more POT tones would be cool. Love the sounds on that record - although I guess there was a lot of harmony on that one, so it's not like 1 single guitar was responsable. Anyway, seems like a cool pedal. Wish they made worthwhile effects for basses :(

Thrillho said:
yeah some more POT tones would be cool. Love the sounds on that record - although I guess there was a lot of harmony on that one, so it's not like 1 single guitar was responsable. Anyway, seems like a cool pedal. Wish they made worthwhile effects for basses :(

cheaper than the black 13.......80 voices, 40 preset 40 u can do whatever you want with....for bass

http://www.digitech.com/products/bp200.htm

i got the rp200 for guitar, for the money its great, with 40 voices to fuck with yerself u could get pretty close to those 7 voices if you fiddle around enough, its digitech after all so same voice mods........

Wow, great video, actually.

I'm a dreadful guitarist, but if I could replicate the beginning of "finale" i think I may, in fact, cum in my pants...

lokey said:
cheaper than the black 13.......80 voices, 40 preset 40 u can do whatever you want with....for bass

http://www.digitech.com/products/bp200.htm

i got the rp200 for guitar, for the money its great, with 40 voices to fuck with yerself u could get pretty close to those 7 voices if you fiddle around enough, its digitech after all so same voice mods........

Meh, thanks, but no thanks. If I ever drop any money on effects it's gonna be the Line 6 floor board. I have a $100 gift certificate to musicians friend and I have been going crazy trying to decide what I want. I need a rack, yet I want a wireless and that line 6. Oh wo is me.

yeah well i'd love a rack too, but shit i aint got that sort of cash...be nice tho ;)

black thirteen does sound cool, looking at the vid tho, it stilll looks like a lotta knob fiddling to get to those seven sounds.......doesnt look like you can switch between them when playing, not unless you can play and put 4 knobs into the correct position too :) s

ay for example u start in 'finale' setting you cant play a track through with that much delay on, so how do you switch to say 'i am the law' without bending down and twiddling knobs to the other positiions?!?! u dont i take it? i mean i read scotts thing saying he played it live on 'i am the law' setting all night, is that cos he'd have to go over to his pedal and twiddle about with it if he wanted the other settings? or thats his fave sound?

i'd still love one to fuck around on cos of the sounds, just wondering about the convenience side of things

Well, I see your point, but generally speaking, one wouldn't use three types of distortion sounds (such as these, which are quite similar anyway) in a set, in a live situation. You generally choose one tone (not including a clean channel) and add effects to that (chorus,flange, etc.etc.).
The Finale tone, although, it sounds great and much like the recorded version, is, as you mentioned, quite impractical to play a whole song through on. Not having actually used the pedal, that seems like the "filler" on the pedal, because it sounds cool (albeit for 20 seconds). probably could've gone with something else ("Discharge", perhaps?)

I think the Black 13 totally rocks :) My girlfriend bought it for me for my 30the birthday last year and I was grinning for ear to ear when I unwrapped it (one stylish present), my grin extended even more when I plugged it in!

id like to share my thoughts: my pedal arrived today. i only spent about 15 minutes playing with it so far. although i play bass (dont have a guitar here at the moment) i put all knobs on half only. in english (lol) i have not set anything up yet on the amp or pedal. this is one awsome motherfucker of a toy. the crisp clarity alone is worth it imo. although ive done fuck all so far, im already very impressed. imo the sod/protest are the best for bass anyway but thats a matter of opinion. so what i am trying to say is if you want one, just go get one. you will not regret it. worst that can happen is smile form ear to ear like willz^. it will only get better once its all set up properly. just for the record, the finale tone is just that. an echo effect but nothing to complain about. scott ian you have made me proud. thanks. id appreciate it if you started work on a black 14, lol. i hope this view helps you guys. be good.

ooooooohhhh, looks like I know what I want for my biiiiiiirthday!!!!!!!!!:hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump: