That Damn Drummer In Amon Amarth

Damn.. I knew it was a yamaha flying dragon, shouldnt have assumed it was direct drive...

I can do 240bpm for like 10 seconds, then my legs tense up. I can do 120-180 for a while, though.

However, my double bass pedal is a $100 Pacific p.o.s, and I play flat-footed like jazz drummers do.

Am I good or bad?
well, i would say any double bass with one of those pacific pedals is good..

I use a Pearl P102TW.. its alright i guess but i really want a new one..

dont worry about it to much. just because you can't play like fredrik doesn't mean you're a bad drummer. fred is by no means a sub-standard drummer and learning how to play like that will take time. trust me on this, i play guitar so i know how frustrating it can be to listen to a band and be outrageously jealous of some of those guys. but all vikings grow into their own given the right amount of time, some just come around a bit later than others. basically what i'm saying is persevere and you shall succeed on day.

I don't mind if I can't play either like fred or as fast as him, well I do but I cant fix that right this instant....
I just want to be able to have that same kinda energy they have and give out from their music
I love them fast in ur face kick ass tunes, but then again I really like slow and super heavy, pure evil sounding shit too
something that just makes you take a step back and check ur pulse to make sure ur still alive cuz you can believe what ur hearing
someday I hope to sound just like that

I don't have a mike, sorry.

I'm trying to describe through bps and other descriptions.

Just curious.

hoyn said:
How could we know without a soundclip?

Speed isn't everything, that's the only thing I can tell you.

Sacrilege? Their casette is on sale at MH Records saw it yesterday. Was called The Fifth Season or something.

Patric said:
Sacrilege? Their casette is on sale at MH Records saw it yesterday. Was called The Fifth Season or something.
Huh? :confused:
Did I say something about Sacrilege?

Anyhow, I was looking for their CD, I'll have to check out MH sometime soon.

hAAAh well do you plan to go there this week? I'll be there wednesday or something not quite sure yet. That chick who works there is SO hot i try my best to get sleazy when I shop there.

Patric said:
hAAAh well do you plan to go there this week? I'll be there wednesday or something not quite sure yet. That chick who works there is SO hot i try my best to get sleazy when I shop there.
The blonde you mean?

I haven't been there for some time now...
Got to get Opeth and maybe Arch Enemy tickets this week aswell.

hoyn said:
The blonde you mean?

I haven't been there for some time now...
Got to get Opeth and maybe Arch Enemy tickets this week aswell.
No no, the black haired girl. She was at the other back desk when I was there. Hey I wanna go to that show too man, what's the cost? The fucked thing is, I gotta find a way home after the gig OR I could bring booze and party all night and take the morning. Where do they play?

Patric said:
No no, the black haired girl. She was at the other back desk when I was there. Hey I wanna go to that show too man, what's the cost? The fucked thing is, I gotta find a way home after the gig OR I could bring booze and party all night and take the morning. Where do they play?
Ah, don't think I've seen her.

What show are you talking about - Opeth or Arch Enemy?

Opeth plays the 22nd at Pustervik, I have no idea of the cost. I mailed them(Pustervik) yesterday, but they haven't answered yet. It seems as they're only going to play the mellow/acoustic material (Damnation, probably A Fair Judgement from Deliverance and Face of Melinda too). They're going to play a "normal" gig the 28th of October at Kåren, I believe.

I can't guarantee that anything of this is true, of course, so you better check it out for yourself! My memory might be messing with me. ;)

Arch Enemy is the 19th at Musikens Hus, and the cost is 180, I believe.