That's It, I'm moving to Canada

AsModEe said:
edit: Karen, yes, he would be lucky to hear English outside Mtl, but it's not because we don't know the language ;)

Well, Asmodea, no disrespect or anything,
but you're just proving the point where french people are "too good" to speak the language....
Every time I went to Quebec City I had to face that shit...
"excuse me how do I get to ...." and people looked like they know what I'm talking about, yet refused to help... that sucks.
You're in North America, learn the language!!!
(hey, you know I love Quebec and my mom is from there... but I think thats the only downside I think of, of that area)

well, that sucks, but only idiots act like that. Everytime someone asks me something, if I understand and can help them, I'll answer back.

I strongly disagree with your last sentence though. North America's language isn't only English, French is too. We're 7 millions who speak the language, yet we don't get any recognition. I guess Quebecers will be more willing to speak in English once the rest of the continent stops being so arrogant about their language.

problem is, quebec gets a lot of recognition as a bunch of snobby assholes who refuse to accept that they are a north american minority, and they aren't even "dispersed"... you'll all in one little area...

AsModEe said:
I strongly disagree with your last sentence though. North America's language isn't only English, French is too. We're 7 millions who speak the language, yet we don't get any recognition. I guess Quebecers will be more willing to speak in English once the rest of the continent stops being so arrogant about their language.
and then there's spanish!

AsModEe said:
thx, I'm now a snobby asshole? People like you makes me want to separate.

@ BC guy

never said that was my opinion, nor that you yourself were one of those pricks (in fact, you seem to be one of the decent ones).

We've gone over this before, I have no outright hate for quebec. But the stereotype is right, a lot of you quebecers ARE snobby assholes.

20 years ago when my parents got married and went there for their honeymoon, she tried to speak french (she sucks at it) but they could hear an english accent and pretended she wasn't there, as if she was invisible and mute. This is people running restaurants, clothing stores, etc, they won't even speak to an anglophone, let alone speak english. Only reason she got anything done was because my dad grew up there.

so... fuck off buddy.. i'm sorry your province is full of dicks.

AsModEe said:
I don't know how all these jokes about newfies started.
I'm on the "Gas sniffer" part of the island. Apparently the native people today started huffing to go on "mystic journeys" with their spiritual leaders. I don't doubt that because they did that with drugs when real innu's existed

some nice pics...

"A major conservative American lobby group is set to unleash a campaign of protest against Australian tourism's "where the bloody hell are you?" TV advertisement. The American Family Association (AFA), which has more than two million members and leads campaigns against abortion and gay rights, was upset with the bikini-clad model Lara Bingle's use of "bloody" and "hell" in the ad's tagline

AFA members are expected to bombard Tourism Australia with thousands of emails and phone calls in coming weeks to vent their feelings. Members are also expected to boycott Australia as a holiday destination....

"A major conservative American lobby group is set to unleash a campaign of protest against Australian tourism's "where the bloody hell are you?" TV advertisement. The American Family Association (AFA), which has more than two million members and leads campaigns against abortion and gay rights, was upset with the bikini-clad model Lara Bingle's use of "bloody" and "hell" in the ad's tagline

AFA members are expected to bombard Tourism Australia with thousands of emails and phone calls in coming weeks to vent their feelings. Members are also expected to boycott Australia as a holiday destination....
hahaha these people are a parody of themselves