The Abyss

Summer Ewe

Wandering Tree Hugger
Jul 23, 2016
The Netherlands
Okay, so there are many things I'd like to say or ask about the band, but they don't fit in any existing threads, and they are too stupid to open a new thread for. So I thought it'd be a good idea to open a thread for random thoughts about the band? "A wonder is booooooooo-hoooooooooorn!" *cough* Sorry.

I was wondering how tall Tomi (Joutsen) is? Please don't take this the wrong way, because I'm definitely not one of those fans who need to know every little detail, don't worry. XD It's just that he often refers to himself as small or tiny, but when we saw them live he didn't strike me as very short, so that's why I was curious if maybe he's much shorter than I noticed. *says the 1.52m person who can barely see over the edge of the stage*

He's slightly shorter than I but not much. Approximately 1,67 m, give or take a centimeter or two. Definitely short when standing next to Niclas who`s 1,95 or so. ;)

Ah, so he's around my dad's height. Not super short, but I can see why he calls himself that. Haha yes, I noticed that Niclas always seems to tower over everybody else. With my height, I'd have to throw my head all the way back to look him in the eyes. XD

Man, I just adore that trippy riff from Under A Soil And Black Stone... I have never heard something like that before. What did Esa have for breakfast when they recorded that, stardust? XD It's so spacy and awesome...

Man, I just adore that trippy riff from Under A Soil And Black Stone...

That was my ringtone for almost ten years, until I finally gave in and got me a smartphone this summer instead of my dear old Nokia. Which still works fine though. Its SMS tone is the very frst note of the same song, that one is played by Tomi. ;)

Okay. I am aware of the fact that the YouTube comment section is the vilest thing possible and that you should never. EVER. read it, but... I did. And I regret it. This gem was under the Silent Waters video:

Holy shit this guy is like Beyonce transformed into a man

Err, thank God he isn't. :cool:

I don't even... O______O

Reactions: Brell
I doubt that anyone cares, but I just wanted to drop a note to say that I didn't abandon the ship. XD We just moved, so I don't have internet at the moment. That's why I haven't been here lately. Like I said, I doubt that anyone really cares, but I just felt like I should explain because forums seem to be a dying phenomenon. I however am still very much into forums, let alone when they are about my favourite band, haha.

Reactions: Brell and tuonelan
...And the sheep is back online. :D

Thanks! And don't worry, you didn't scare me off at all, haha! I'm looking forward to catch up with everything, but it might take a while as these are busy times. :)

Reactions: Eurynome
^ Yeah, I'm afraid that's about as bad as it can get when it comes to countries... I'm sorry. Though I do have some collegues who think he's a great choice, so here in Holland we're probably just as stupid. Also, I don't know if you've heard of Geert Wilders, but he's pretty much the Dutch Trump. And he's gaining more popularity each day... It's frightening.

I see nothing wrong with that.

On itself, I don't either. But say The Netherlands, and you say red light districts and weed. This just confirms it once again. XD

But say The Netherlands, and you say red light districts and weed.

Nothing wrong with weed. :D But if humans need courses in masturbation these days, it sure is worrying how estranged our species has become not only from nature, but also from decent handiwork. :p

And don't get me started about politics, just sayin' it's a shame that Finland should enter its 100th anniversary year with the worst government in the history of the country. (Probably even if you include the centuries under foreign rule. :( )