the AFL thread 2006

Sydo

Apr 13, 2001
So the footy is back for 2006, so here's a special thread for Rob and I.

Predictions?

Top 4;
Adelaide
West Coast
Geelong
St Kilda

Wooden Spoon;
Essendon - sure they were great last night, but I'm sticking with this prediction. I think they're in for a terrible few years.

Watch out for Hawthorn! They've got the players to make the finals, and just have to start putting the wins together. They still need a new coach, but that'll come next year when Kennett tells Clarkson to fuck off.

Melbourne interest me a lot. Not sure how well they'll do, but with Moloney, Peckett and Miller all running throught the midfield, the Dees are gonna break some bones this year. Overall I think the team is on the way down the ladder again, but will do some damage early.

What's with Richmond?! Are they really that bad? The short answer is no, they're not that bad. Let's get real though, Wallace is a shit coach, and he always has been. He did NOTHING during his six (or so) seasons at the Bulldogs, and is going to nothing with Richmond. Poor, poor Tigers. :(

Sydney? Who cares.

Woohoo a footy thread! :Smokin:

I'm not too sure how this year's gonna go. Potential top four:

Adelaide
Weagles
St Kilda
Geelong

From a St Kilda perspective, I'm really not sure how the year's gonna go. We had heaps of injuries and played rather poorly at times last year, but still made the prelim, so if we can minimise injuries who knows what could happen...

Looks like the Lions will be pretty average, and Melbourne are losing to Carlton at 3/4 time. The Hawks could be ok, going on today's showing. It'd be nice if Freo failed again, and life is always better without Essendon in the finals.

The Lions have now lost their last 4 regular season games by an average of about 80 points!!

Sydo said:
What's with Richmond?! Are they really that bad? The short answer is no, they're not that bad. Let's get real though, Wallace is a shit coach, and he always has been. He did NOTHING during his six (or so) seasons at the Bulldogs, and is going to nothing with Richmond. Poor, poor Tigers. :(

Bit harsh! Not remembering 97? They were basically a shoe-in for the grand final til the Crows came back and demolished them right at the end.

Anywho, my top 4:

St. Kilda
Geelong
West Coast
Adelaide

oh shit, I have the same one as Sydo!

Anywho, wooden spoon? Maybe Melbourne? I don't know... that's too hard to say.

Brownlow? Dal Santo.

That's pretty awesome. When you see him being interviewed on Footy Shows and the like, he seems like a pretty cool guy...

do you ever use that line in bars? "Did you know I was in Nick Dal Santo's year 11 maths class? I once borrowed a pencil..." TAKE ME BLITZY!!!

You know I was thinking the other day, if there was any doubt about AFL being a religion, you just have to tune in to the Footy Channel. When they're not showing current games, highlights of games or old games, they're showing shows ABOUT games. 24 hrs a day, 365 days a year.

I'd like to have it...if I could afford it. :)

Dal Santo's a fucking gun. He's not great defensively, but he's fantastic with the ball. I was thinking of putting money on him for the Brownlow. Is he cocky like a lot of young players can be, Blitzy?

Sydo does that 80 point average loss of Brisbane's include the 139 point hammerammeration we gave them at the dome? Probably. :)

I love having the footy channel.
If it wasn't going to mean being reminded of how shit Melbourne can be or drive my husband to suicide I would have it on all the time.

Oh wait maybe there is a solution to having it all the time.

Yeah lots of players are cockheads, but Dal seems alright from what I've seen of him. The trouble with footballers these days is that from their early teens they and everyone else know they're better than the average bear, and their heads grow exponentially.