The Anti-Melodeath Legions

Lies and Perfidy

Gentleman of the Road
Nov 27, 2002
Washington, Washing-Ton
thefinger.wordpress.com
All ye who are sick of melodic death metal and the fanbois who worship it incessantly: know that you are not alone! We must band together to stave of the ever-increasing hordes of At the Gates and In Flames wannabes who defile the good name of Heavy Fucking Metal with their horrific riffless spawn of the unholy marriage of power metal and death metal. Simply put that banner down below in your signature, and let the metal world know that SOMEBODY has the courage to stand against the overwhelming forces of Gothenburg lameness!!

Yeah, basically melodeath is getting incredibly boring and pointless, and lacks any sense of fun to save it from Derivative Music Disorder. So if you, too, are getting irritated by this lame genre, put that banner in your sig and piss off some fanboys!

I generally dislike puns, but in this case, I believe the term "mellow death" is appropriate. Melodic death metal (save a few bands) is an abomination and those who worship it should puff the almond wind.

Melodeath, Gothenburg Death, Melodic death, whatever you want is NOT DEATH METAL, even though it's called death :confused:

but it's not death metal really. Else I wouldn't have liked it anyways.

They technically belong to the genre, but (especially the former) surpass its limitations easily.

Sounds Like I Sould Check Out Thesse Band I Like Linkin Park....
Oh Yeah!!!!

I'm joining here, I'm not as sick as the fans as many of you, but I'm sick of the incredible amounts of shitty melodic death that are coming out. None of it is good anymore. After a while, theres only so much you can do!
The following bands/releases still remain in my heart though

-Dark Tranquillity (they were one of the ones that brought it first and amazingly, like no other melodeth band, they are still incredibly fantastic i.e. damage done).
-In Flames (Lunar Strain and the Jester Race < old masterpieces)

and said already-

Amon Amarth and Vehemence.

Marksveld said:
I'm joining here, I'm not as sick as the fans as many of you, but I'm sick of the incredible amounts of shitty melodic death that are coming out. None of it is good anymore. After a while, theres only so much you can do!
The following bands/releases still remain in my heart though

-Dark Tranquillity (they were one of the ones that brought it first and amazingly, like no other melodeth band, they are still incredibly fantastic i.e. damage done).
-In Flames (Lunar Strain and the Jester Race < old masterpieces)

and said already-

Amon Amarth and Vehemence.

There is a lot of shit among melodeath... but then again, there's a lot of shitty death, thrash, and a huge pile of shitty powermetal :p (not Rhapsody. Rhapsody rocks :D )

oh and the Forsaken kick ass... But not live.. they kinda suck live.

how about i listen to what i like and not really care what fucking genre it is. good music is good music. there are shitty thrash bands. there are shitty death metal bands. there are shitty black metal bands. that's why you listen to WHAT YOU LIKE. so Pyrus, just because you think it sucks, doesn't mean we can't like some of it. stick with your thrash music and i'm not gonna talk shit on it. but i agree there is a lot of shitty music out there, but there are still bands that are good. so i'm gonna listen to the good bands that i like, no matter if they're melodeath or not. dark tranquillity still owns. anddddd.... i have nothing more to say. :lol:

i agree with the new gothenburg wanna be corssed with nu metal shit being horrible
they play alot of it on that headbangers ball, couple names off the top of my head-bleeding through, avenge sevenfold
those bands fucking suck

yeah and marksveld i agree with jesterrace being in flames being their last good album
but dark tranquility fucking blow, id rather hit my head repeatedly against a tiled wall then listen to thier overrated godawful music

reub this is for you
alexifruit3.jpg

i happen to agree with Bill...

I could easily make a "Anti-Thrash Legions" Thread, and i'm sure plenty of people would hop on. There are things that i could say about most thrash that are negative, just like any genre of metal. Making a banner/thread like this is as stupid as the old iced earth saying "Fuck Posers". And while i admit there are some bland melodeath bands, there are some great ones still around... like Skyfire, kalmah, Suidakra, and dark tranquillity.
And for the record, i don't consider melodeath to be death metal, and even though its not my favorite anymore, there are still really great bands that fall into this category

metalskater7 said:
i agree with the new gothenburg wanna be corssed with nu metal shit being horrible
they play alot of it on that headbangers ball, couple names off the top of my head-bleeding through, avenge sevenfold
those bands fucking suck

yeah and marksveld i agree with jesterrace being in flames being their last good album
but dark tranquility fucking blow, id rather hit my head repeatedly against a tiled wall then listen to thier overrated godawful music

oh shut up and go listen to your music about slaying dragons you fuck.... :loco:

dark tranquillity is probably overrated with the newer stuff, because Haven kinda sucked. But... if you liked any In Flames.... The Gallery> all In Flames..... and also, Projector> all In Flames.... the only In Flames cd that stands a chance near those two Dark Tranquillity albums is Whoracle.