The apostasy-what happend?

Rupturemetal

I am rape-I am hate
Aug 25, 2006
Bama,U.S.A
The new one not even close to Demigod. Dont like the mix at all ,songs are kind of weak. Where are all the great hooks. The only thing that saves it is Inferno's drumming,dude is a monster.Hopefully the new Nile is better!

If you downloaded it you might not have the finished version. It got leaked really early and was not mastered or close to being polished off. I've not heard it yet though myself but there was a lot of talk about it pn the net.

I absolutely love the new Behemoth....I think they intentionally wanted a more raw mix, Demigod was SO polished (but SO good)....I think the songs are great, they're faster, more brutal, tons of orchestra and weird piano shit going on...I love it

and also the new Nile slays

I love Apostasy. The all natural drums, the horns and chorus recorded by real people, and everything else just make for a very unique listen.

I just don't think it has as much energy as demigod imo. I do like the choral stuff and the piano on inner sanctum is fucking dark as helll.

I think its natural to not be impressed at all by Apostasy when it was expected to meet or surpass Demigod's success.

The riffs are not at all catchy like Demigod.

I kinda had a strange feeling after they released the Slaves Shall Serve EP with some new songs and cover songs that the next Album might be a dissappointment.

I am more impressed by Job for a Cowboy's new album and thats a little dissappointing for a band like Behemoth.

Actually, I really dig the differences between The Apostasy and Demigod. I definitely didn't want a Demigod 2 (plus if they had some people would have complain about it being a rehash of Demigod). To me, The Apostasy is WAY more brutal than Demigod.

Expectation is such a bad word.

I also dig Apostasy a lot. Previously I thought Demigod was propably my favourite DM records ever, but now Apostasy has really grown on me and I think I like it even more. Eventhough the production surprised me at first, I immediately thought it sounded raw in a good way. Great album. I love the music and the production on it.