The Arcane Design--Rate my Mix??? JSX, mesa cab

doclegion

Contagious Destruction
Dec 31, 2006
This is my band the arcane design, We are out of Indiana and i been with these guys for about 4 months, Im the drummer and producer (but not the greatest), Everything to a click

I been recording our 4 song demo, there will be a youtube trailer for it and we hope this does the band good
I feel like it could be right now some of my best work
The song is titled (From humanity to animosity) sick breakdown 1:25

Go easy its my second demo besides stuff i do alone and its not finished
Questions? Opinion on the band? Feel free

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7738641
and im trying to get an opinion on how much it should be sold for
Thanks guys
Myspace---- http://www.myspace.com/thearcanedesign
i did not record any music on there myspace

Do you know about the band "The Arcance Order" from Denmark? At first I thought I've read wrong :)

Great sound! Love the vocalists timing and usage of the hist voice. Guitars are crushing. Good job dude!

Wow, pretty impressive tone from the JSX - vocals are a bit too loud (meaning, I want everything else louder), but overall pretty damn solid mix dude! I don't really feel the need to nitpick things cuz it's got an old-school feel to it

Wow, pretty impressive tone from the JSX - vocals are a bit too loud (meaning, I want everything else louder), but overall pretty damn solid mix dude! I don't really feel the need to nitpick things cuz it's got an old-school feel to it
Thanks the funny thing is its not even our amp, it my buddies
thats with crunch not even ultra hahaha and his guitar has only one pickup, and it weighs like a fuckin pound and i half

you say make everything else louder?? or turn down the vocals??

Thanks

+vocals
+guitars
+overall mix
+song

-snare (sounds kinda dull and weak)

How should i bring it out so its not dull?? Highs
I was thinking that but this is a "kinda mix" thats why i posted to get some feedback before i seal the deal

Do you know about the band "The Arcance Order" from Denmark? At first I thought I've read wrong :)

Great sound! Love the vocalists timing and usage of the hist voice. Guitars are crushing. Good job dude!

Our singer is a bad ass i gotta admit that, he been doing it for years

Thanks for the reply :kickass:

I was thinking that but this is a "kinda mix" thats why i posted to get some feedback before i seal the deal

u can always replace it if u have something like drumagog or similar
i scared myself with the begging of the vocals lol
liked the vibe of the song

I didnt even noticed the "weak" snare.. I was too busy enjoying the song :worship:

Thanks
Yea i think its one of our better ones, man i love that break down

And i do have drumagog the kick is replaced, and the snare is the sneap snare i added some high end since then

Anyone else??:kickass:

i am not sure if eq work will help here, it sounds as it was just not hit hard enough.
if you can, try to replace it :)

cheers
S.

PS: is there a direct download link somewhere!? :D

Sounds great!

Maybe take the scratch out of the guitars a bit? it's all i can think off right now, im liking this a lot.

Again the snare is replaced, its the sneap snare i added some 4hz and that brightened up the whole mix
as for the guitar scratch, its either the sound of the finger smack from the dirty bass OR his guitar has only one pick up and no tone knob just a volume knob i noticed that tho, i think i might be stuck with that either way, he has a constant loud tone
Oh and i need this demo to get polished up real nice, anyone??

Thanks

P.S I will set it up for download later--- keep posted :headbang:

It sounds good man! Pretty cool old school vibe! Either turn the vocals just a TINY bit down or turn everything else up a bit. Also turn down those vocals in the beginning, literally jumped off my chair when heard that LOL the difference is pretty drastic. Also, the snare could be more present, it's pretty muffled and dead. Either EQ guitars to get out of the way of the snare, or tweak the snare to shine through it's own frequency range, it sounds like it sometimes battles with guitars and gets even more buried. Also Gclip is your friend for snarez ^^

I really like the whole thing. It has a great vibe, agreed! The guitars are nice and raw.

Thanks it was a buddies amp to he felt a little sour after hearing the tone i got from it

the funny thing is this isn't finished i should post a new mix not much different the snare was eqed better i do believe lol

http://www.myspace.com/thearcanedesign ]

There is another song if you dig the band im the drummer/recordist?? haha
Enjoy

Very nice!, I'll keep an eye on this band.

I guess I'm hearing the updated mix because the snare sounds fine to me :p