The Art of Shredding: A Tribute to Dime

Goreripper

Metal as fuck
Aug 24, 2001
Blue Mountains, Australia
myspace.com
Metalheads!

Over the last few months, I have secretly been putting together a project that I feel I can finally tell you about. In August, I will be releasing an Australian tribute to Dimebag called The Art of Shredding. Fifteen Aussie bands paying tribute to the Dime, with a percentage of each sale going to the Dimebag Memorial Trust. Pretty soon I'll have a website up with more info, plus more details including the artwork. For now, here's a list of the artists and tracks we have so far:

LORD - Shattered
Switchblade - Domination
Enforce - By Demons Be Driven
Imminent Psychosis - The Art of Shredding
Black Steel - Heavy Metal Rules
Deadthings - Proud to be Loud
Malignant Monster - Fucking Hostile
Aeturnus Dominion - Mouth For War
Transcending Mortality - Cemetery Gates
MurderWorld - Soul Inside Me - This is an original track written as a tribute two days after Dime's death
Plus, an ensemble group featuring members of Block, Frankenbok and Dreadnaught are doing Rise.

Infernal Method was to be doing a track, but given the state of that band at the moment, I don't know what's going on there. There are a few more bands who have yet to confirm their tracks yet, but I guarantee this will be a killer CD.

:headbang:

Goreripper said:
LORD - Shattered

Is this really weird, or do great minds just think alike? I was thinking a few days ago that Lord should cover Shattered. :headbang:

This sounds like a great project, with a great name for the album. On another note, Japunga played a Dime tribute show down here last year.

Well there might still be a slot on the album for them. I don't have a QLD band aboard yet, so if I need one I'll definitely ask them. As for Lord doing 'Shattered', when I asked Tim if he wanted to be on the album, that was the first thing he suggested.

\m/
You will man if you do anything like your previous covers.

I didn't think there would be many Pantera fans on this board, glad to see people love em. Dimebag and Vinnie Paul are my fav guitarist and drummer respectively.