The Audience is listening!

FatesFan

Dec 18, 2004
I went to North Carolina last night to see the great Steve Vai and the Breed.

The Breed is:

Steve Vai - Guitar & Vocals
Billy Sheehan - Bass
Tony MacAlpine - Guitar & Keyboards
Jeremy Colson - Drums
Dave Weiner - Guitar, Sitar

All I can say is, WOW! I have seen Malmsteen in his youth and Billy Sheehan on the same bill with a band called TALAS. I have to say that this show matched that intensity. What a showman Vai is. Not only an amazing talent but also a fantastic entertainer. He had a few equipment malfunctions and dealt with each one of them in a very professional manner. I am not sure how long he played because we left after two hours to make the drive back home. Having to be at work this morning put a hamper on things. Damn Work! At the two hour mark they showed no sign of slowing down. If anything, he was getting more keyed up. It was great to see two legends on the stage in great form and great to see a full house audience in support. If you get a chance to see this tour I highly recommend it. :headbang:

I myself, got to witness this great show, so I agree with everything Fatesfan has said. I've been a fan of Vai since his days with David Lee Roth, and he gave Whitesnake a technical shot in the arm in 1989! Sixteen years later, the guy hasn't slowed down a bit! I'm 29 years old, and he kicked my butt last night! No joke, after two hours of playing, Vai changed shirts, and looked like he was in it for another nine innings! Do yourself a favor, and go see this lineup play together, you won't be sorry!

I saw the show in Myrtle Beach. So awesome. My only wish was that they take out "I'm The Hell Outta Here" and add in "Firewall" and "The Attitude Song."

Caught this show a week ago down here in Florida - I dig Vai and have seen him live before... but realized I have ONLY seen him as part of G3.... lemme tell you I was absolutely blown away by his show. Practically THREE HOURS!!! Amazing stuff - dazzling you with monster chops and riffs, then playing a moving melodic piece that can truly break your heart.

I had such a good time - and his opener!! That Eric Sardinas guys is SOMETHING ELSE live - he stunned everyone - me and my two buddies immediately went to the merch table to buy his cd during the break.

Of course Vai's band was amazing too - how can you NOT be with that power lineup? And yes DOnati is the SHIZNITZ absolutely - but I really dug seeing Colson play live, being a huge Dali's Dilemma fan, and I think he did a great job (way to land that kinda gig too!)

AngraRULES said:
I'm going to the show this upcoming saturday,.... I'm sure I won't be disappointed...

Was there any cool merch available?

I never made it to the merchadise table. I was stuck to the stage and did not want to leave.

Burke said:
I had such a good time - and his opener!! That Eric Sardinas guys is SOMETHING ELSE live - he stunned everyone - me and my two buddies immediately went to the merch table to buy his cd during the break.

Eric was not at the show I saw. The opener was a guy named "Johnny A". A blues/jazz/rock Guitarist. Over all a very good show. I understand that he brought out some teenage girl guitarist afer I left.

Yeah....from reading the concert reviews on Vai's forum, he switched the opener for the NC show.

Oh....and I have to mention. Billy Sheenan had some really awesome pants. ^_^

Barking Pumpkin said:
Yeah....from reading the concert reviews on Vai's forum, he switched the opener for the NC show.

Oh....and I have to mention. Billy Sheenan had some really awesome pants. ^_^

Yeah, Billy was wearing bright red leather pants of some sort! Kinda disturbing, but after he starts playing you ignore his silly looking pants! :headbang: Did anyone see Yngwie Malmsteen on the G3 tour last year?