The Aussie music thread

Yeah, there was about 50 or so voices in the choirs. :p

These guys are marketing themselves as "Party Metal", so as you'd guess most of the lyrical content isn't particularly deep, but they're not really trying for that (that said, there's a couple of songs on there which are a lot less "big dumb rock" than you'd expect). This is definitely an album for people who love 80s arena rock and a fun band. Fans of introspective avant garde prog best avoid. ;)

That track is much more stripped back than their earlier material, which was also very metalcore influenced with breakdowns and dirty vocals galore.

We redid one of their older songs called "Hotter Than Hell" and I definitely see what you mean about that - very metalcore in places mixed with 80s pop-rock on the original. The new album version did away with all of that and directed the sound more towards trad metal and I think that while it may not be quite as interesting from a mixed genre point of view, it's definitely focussed the song and make it sound a lot more solid and consistent.

I'm pretty surprised they have done away with the modern influence to be honest...I thought that was the point they were going for, modern "relevant" scene metal with a more obvious nod to the 80s than any of their contemporaries. Oh well!

Is that video your creation as well LT? Looks pretty great, how much work is involved in something like that? I may even shoot you an email for some quotes on recording and the like later in the year.

That was actually a quick one - 35mins editing time maybe? More or less filmed live in the studio as they went and some post-processing done, nothing amazingly flash. We have a few more up at http://www.duskvideo.net.au and a huge epic one about to drop once we get the final scenes finished next week; really cinematic style production which was a lot of fun to do. But yeah, definitely drop us a line later on! :)

And now back to your regularly scheduled Aussie Music thread! :p

My new band played a gig with Melbourne thrashers Elm Street on Friday night and they owned. Tight as fuck, it sounded like listening to a cd. They have an album out that also rips, very old school Megadeth sounding, check out the songs on their myspace.

We hope to hook up with them again for more shows later in the year.