the band i'm mixing

James Murphy

Mar 26, 2002
DAATH, from Atlanta, Georgia.. .i'm here mixing these guys self-recorded 2nd album, The Hinderers.

the band and i thought it might be a cool idea to let you hear the finished mix of the album's closing song and title track, so i've loaded it into the public folder of my iDisk, which anyone can acces at: http://homepage.mac.com/jamesfmurphy/FileSharing2.htmlhttp://www.mac.com

PC users will also need either iTunes for PC (free download at http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/ ) or a recent version of Winamp, as the file is a .m4a

hope you like this band.. i think they are original and talented.

If this is the song you sent me the other day, I can say that the sound is awesome (especially the guitars !) and the music is very very good ! Probably your best production to date (but I didn't hear everything you've done in the past of course). There's no doubt they should find a record deal with such a great package.

This totally kicks ass! The production is holding up very nicely even on my crappy speakers at work, and it sounded great at my home studio also! I love the guitar sound, the drums, the awesome keyboard parts, and the vocals are absolutely perfect!

Hi James! :wave: Man, what an improvement over futility. This is like night and day... holy crap. Tell Eyal I'm impressed and give him a pat on the back for me will ya? I'm definitely gonna have to buy this one.

Forbiddenevil said:
Booaaahhh, great sound!!! Do you mix it in Pro Tools or Digital Performer (only in DAWs) or with additionally outboard equipment?

Alex
Digital Performer 4.52 with some outboard :cool:

~BURNY~ said:
I get an authentication error... :err:
the first prompt will be fore Member Name.. enter: jamesfmurphy

then the prompt for Name and Password.

Name should already say: public , so if not fill that in

password : protools

i reamped all the guitars... 4 main rhythms through a dual rectifier with ts-9.. overdub rhythms with Bogner Shiva and ts-9, solo with Soldano Avenger and ts-10

Bogner Shiva:
"Featuring two highly evolved channels, capable of clean tones that shimmer like icicles in the deep of winter moonlight and tube saturation that is so rich and powerful it should be illegal in the free world. Channel 2 also has a foot-switchable boost function that goes from 10 to 12, we skipped 11 for you."

haha

i finished another mix today for this Atlanta band and it has been added to my iDisk as per the band's request.. check it out if you like... same instructions as above.

James Murphy said:
the first prompt will be fore Member Name.. enter: jamesfmurphy

then the prompt for Name and Password.

Name should already say: public , so if not fill that in

password : protools
I was doing wrong with the public setting but now it prompts the following message: "idisk failed to mount the disk..." :yell: I guess I have to wait for the commercial release... I'm "daaying" to hear it.
Btw, is there one of your fine lead guitar as a guest on this?

James Murphy said:
i finished another mix today for this Atlanta band and it has been added to my iDisk as per the band's request.. check it out if you like... same instructions as above.

This is badass!!!! I can't get over how incredible the guitar sound is on these tracks. I love this song, so heavy!!

Reminds me a little bit of "dust" stylistically but better and heavier! I'm getting excited for this release.