The Battle? w/russell allen

yes, amazing album. not really similar to SX at all. very straight forward songs, with some ballad-type material as well. also, not nearly as progressive at SX. however, we all know anything Russell Allen touches turns to gold, and The Battle is no exception. it was available at PPVI, so im sure its out there for you. i highly recommend it for any Russell Allen or Jorn Lande fans...

Well I own the album, and I like it a lot. Like stated, its not a SX disc. The songs are somewhat formulaic, but how can you pass up a Russ/Jorn project?? Ive been spinning this, and the new Stream of Passion a lot this past week.

Ouch, thats harsh!

Allen is a great singer in all of his songs, and all of his albums! The Battle is available in stores now, or if you order it froma store you can also get it... Jorne Lande and Allen sing fantabulosly together! Its no Symphony X but it shows a differ side, like Russell Allen's Atomic Soul, totally differ style-but still a Russell Allen masterpiece!

I love the Battle. I do agree with one poster. Some of the songs are a bit cheesy, but it is a very good album. I actually thought The Odyssey was Sympony X's best album so I wouldn't mind at all if the new album is similar to that.

I've heard of this project only recently. "Ask You Anyway" was the cut I was able to listen to. Yup, it does have a formulaic rock feel, but hell, it's better than any other ballad it's bound to be compared to by some addle-brained reviewer.

I loved it from the first listen. Russ's and Jorn's voices are an excellent complimentary combination. It's not a battle between them like it might imply; it feels more like a perfectly matched duet. Wish for a Miracle is seriously awesome.

All I have to say about The Battle is: Long live the Eighties!

And perhaps also: (Russel + Lande) x Karlsson = Superfanmagical.

The Battle is one of the best of 2005! If you like straight forward, melodic hard rock, you'll love it. Both Jorn and Russell cut their teeth on straight forward hardrock, and I can't think of anyone else I'd like to hear sing it!

I love the fact that Russell was so heavily influenced by one of my all time favorite vocalist, Ray Gillen of Badlands/Black Sabbath.