Votes: 16 42.1%
  • I'm a fool who listens to neither

Votes: 11 28.9%

• Total voters

Draxx

Nefarious Angel
Nov 19, 2002
Visit site
Over at allrpg we got into a little arguement between who is better, Symphony X or Rhapsody. Well I thought the former killed Rhapsody, so they are out. Then we brought up the popular Blind Guardian. I think Symphony X is better. I've got at least 2 CD's frome ach artist, along with many MP3's. Symphony X has some killer Guitar/Piano duets and better drumming that Blind Guardian in my opinion. Blind Guardian has the voice of Hansi. Who do you think is better?

*Note, don't vote if you haven't heard at least 10 songs from each artist.

Wow, I can't believe how close it is, being that Symphony X completely blow, and Blind Guardian is a great great band. I guess I'm once again out of touch with the kids. :)

Blind Guardian by the widest margin possible.

bloodfiredeath said:
Wow, I can't believe how close it is, being that Symphony X completely blow, and Blind Guardian is a great great band. I guess I'm once again out of touch with the kids. :)

Blind Guardian by the widest margin possible.

Mind explaining yourself there? Symphony X is in every way more musically significant then Blind Gaurdian, and Blind Gaurdian is a good band. I can see how you don't like their style, but you cannot deny that they are an extremely talented band. Anyway, Blind Gaurdian uses the choirs way to much for my tastes.

Blind Guardian... simply because they excite me more than Symphony X... SX suffer from a few things

a.) prog is technical, but boring
b.) their american, its a disadvantage in one way or another, no matter how good you are
c.) Blind Guardian is one of the best speed/power metal bands, ever- Somewhere far beyond is so fucking good Ive had to buy 2 copies because my original one got trashed from over-use :lol:

but yeah, I do like Symphony X, but their not winning against BG, Dream Theater, Manowar or Rhapsody yeah... but not BG.