The beast is rising.... 06/06/06 ... tracklists!

Holy shit it's 6.6.06 today and i'm drinking coffee listening to doom metal.

what's wrong with me!!

Where is the devils child in me today. If I had a torch I could do some burning today.

Carcassian said:
Well it sure as hell won't be Billy Corgan or the Arctic Monkeys you fucking cock-docker.
HEY CARCASSIAN YOU CRACK ME UP OLD CHAP:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :kickass:
bushevil6nk.jpg

I hate it when people say that Slayer has been playing the same riff their whole career. There are a lot of things you can say about Slayer, but one is not being redundant. They have evolved with every release. Anybody that doesn't see this simply doesn't have much familiarity with what they're talking about.

Anyway, the only proper way to start off this day is Mercyful Fate - Melissa.

I'm going to listen to "And Then There Was Silence" and then "Dante's Inferno" and blare it out my living room windows..

Thats like 30 Minutes with just 2 songs XD

Oh and about Slayer... Even if it is the same riff, its a damn good one that I'm willing to listen too.

Slayer stopped evolving after seasons. The band always had the same simple formula but there riffs were neat for a metal band and they wrote good songs.

Slayer was kinda like judas priest and maiden, then they heard nu-metal and fucked it up. Now instead of sounding like the 80's like they should they are washed out trying to appeal to the wrong people just to get the extra dollar.

The band could have been a solid traditional band through the 90's and maybe evovled.

They didn't stop evolving. They stopped being good. There's a big fucking difference. Divine Intervention, Diabolus In Musica, and Got Hates Us All are all different from each other and from what they'd previously done. Show No Mercy was NWOBHM on speed, Haunting The Chapel mixed that with sinister, longer tones, Hell Awaits was a diabolical work of raw thrash that really hasn't been duplicated, Reign In Blood was just a pummeling assault. South Of Heaven showed a tremendous sense of the use of tempo to create atmosphere, and Seasons In The Abyss was a further (yet less successful) evolution of that idea as well as further incorporating more ideas.

You are right they did not evolve nor have the talent. They listened to ross robinson trying to tell them how to be hip cool and the band did not have the right talent or ideas to actually make good modern music moving with time, now we have garbage like diabolus and god hates us all with band trying to blend in with younger nu-metal bands. The band has made no effort to expand as musicians and attempt to make good metal now. The bands musicianship really shines through now more than ever as crap. If you are playing music that long being as limit as that you should just call it a day. Dave Lombardo rejoining the band at this point is ridiculous. Slayer might aswell record their new album covered in bird shit.

>>>Now instead of sounding like the 80's like they should...

Whoa!

I sure as hell do not want an 80's sounding anything around here! Maybe an 80's INFLUENCED sound, but definitely not an 80's sound. That would sound like people trying to relive glory years, and sound has evolved.

I personally liked a few songs off God Hates Us all. Bloodline was a great track.

Scott

FatefuL said:
i won't argue with ya, right kid ? i've a vast taste in music, and surely know some deep underground shit in the genres you like that u've no idea of existence.. so shut the fuck.

hm ehn and yeah, i found this: http://www.nationaldayofslayer.org/

cool!

The fucking arctic monkeys? Your collection might be vast, but on this showing, I wouldn't call it "taste".

Thaks for the Slayer link btw, it was originally found on the dead sea scrolls:rolleyes:

I'm actually looking forward to the new Slayer; I just hope they can overcome the difficulties of the last couple of albums (i.e. being pretty poor)

I was in Boy Scout troop 666 as a kid. For real. In a town whose population sign read 3,666.

BOO!

One thing we can be thankful for is that they are aware to keep their 90's+ stuff to a bare minimum when playing live.