The best guitar solo of all time

The Best Guitar Solo Of All Time

• Judas Priest - Painkiller

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Megadeth - Tornado of Souls

Votes: 13 59.1%

• Total voters
Sorry, no "fails" allowed unless you post an alternative. That's like bitching about politicians when you don't vote.

Sorry, but I'm afraid...

1186869377609.gif

terrible analogy btw

Neither of those. Green Carnations solo on Light of Day Day of Darkness is by far the best.

I've never understood the whole Comfortably Numb thing....I mean, when I was 16 it was terrific but there's so much more music out there.........
Buckethead - Vladmir Pockets' Incredible Slunk Show (the one right toward the end), an auditory roller coaster ride

For a long time I thought the best was:
Dream Theater - Scarred (the one right toward the end)

judas-painkiller!it's pretty good and also
metallica-one,nothing else matters
arch enemy-blood on your hands
cradle of filth-nymphetamine overdose
aerosmith-dream on
iron maiden-hallowed be thy name ......that's my opinion :rofl:

My fav. solos.... i prefer Jimmy Page's solo on "Whole Lotta Love" or "Since I've Been Loving You"
I love Steve Winwood's piano/keys solos with Traffic too.... this poll needs to have more songs in to have a vote out

Great call, Tweleveby5. Jimmy's solo on "Since I've Been Loving You" is awesome. Especially the live version from the Plant / Page album.

My all time fave is still Clapton's solo on the Beatles song "While My Guitar Gently Weeps." Songs just don't get much better than that, as far as I'm concerned. Still sends chills down my spine, even after all these years.

had to pull up windows media player for this one :p
fredrik's solo on hex omega (around 2:50-3:12) i love it
anything on nevermore's this godless endeavor
dream theaters "scenes from a memory" particularly the solos in fatal tragedy, and home
omg...erotomania from awake
pink floyd: comfortably numb, on the turning away
the first 20 seconds on yngwie malmsteen's black star
pull harder on the strings of your martyr (trivium)

Confortably Numb by Pink Floyd.

Also, The Spirit Carries On by Dream Theater.

I love Steve Howe's solo on Turn Of The Century.

Pretty much everything Steve Hackett has done.