"The Best Of Opeth" ..guitar book?

It's true there are plans for it. I don't know who's done the tabs but I have to check em since it needs to be quite accurate if we're gonna endorse it. However, I haven't read tabs since I was a teenager...
Fucking boring work to tell you the truth but we know a lot of you guys out there are interested in learning how to play the songs...

I haven't even started cheking them out yet...geeez!!!
M

It would ultimatly rock if it had ALL opeth's songs on it.
Though, mike would die of boredom of checking them all. poor dude ><. That's the price of being a good musician

man, id kill for some accurate tabs finally.. there are so many shitty opeth tabs out there, ive had to correct a ton of them by ear just so they sound right.. Cant wait for this release, and am super happy its getting checked over by the almighty!

well if mikael will check them all that's cool. most official tab books aren't even accurate.

usually companies like Hal Leonard just hire a transcriber to work it out, they will have to do it as fast as possible. they are not fans, don't know the music by heart. even for a band like metallica the best internet tabs are better than the official tab books. and also they are in .gpx or .ptb format which is better than printed tabs. especially because the music industry itself isn't capable of producing correct tabs i think it's even more sour they have shutted down so many tab sites.

i highly doubt that without mikael and peter checking every single measure they will be able to outdo the internet tabs made by wankerness for example - again, kudos to him. hell, why don't they just ask him to use his tabs for the books, throw some money at him ;)

If it's done right...then the tabber will come to the artist and spend a few days to make sure they're right and make the necessary corrections for them to ensure a quality product that accurate....at least that's how I've heard to go down on other tab book on Alfred Publishing and Warner Bros.

Incoming lawsuit - when I tried to apply there, they said to send them examples of my work, upon which I sent them about 5 of my opeth tabs a few months ago, which they kept, and then told me they didn't have room for me in their transcription department atm. If any of them are the same, believe me there will be trouble.:mad:

Second reply, holy shit I'm furious about this. I seriously will not be surprised in the least if they DO rip me off. I honestly did apply to that company (it's based about an hour from where I live) and honestly did send them several of my opeth tabs, all of which they absorbed, and then sent me some bullshit test where I had to transcribe some pearl jam song, which I did, and after not hearing from them for a month or two I inquired, upon which they said "oh you didn't pass our transcription test, buy some more of our tabbooks to improve your transcription skills."

Of course, they'll probably sue ME for putting my tabs on the internet if this comes out, even if they've been there for years before this book comes out and even if they directly rip them for their fucking book. This makes me never want to transcribe again, seriously.