The BEST single bass, single beater drummers.

momadave

Your hippie fan
Sep 26, 2004
Sacramento, CA
Boy Howdy fans of the MAIDENS madness!

I've been an Iron Maiden fan since 1982 and Phish fan since 1991 and I've noticed that Nicko and Phish's drummer, Jon Fishman, have the fastest single bass drum work out of any rock drummers. Are there any other drummers out there that I should know about that use single bass and A SINGLE bass drum pedal? I love double pedal work, but I'm blown away by incredible single pedal work the most.

thanks,
--David

:OMG:

I never paid attention, Iron Maiden only uses a Single Bass with a Single peddle? I just assumed it was double bass, that is impressive. I will have to tell my son...he is a drummer that thinks Iron Maiden is too old. LOL :worship:

Nicko admitted he used a double pedal on a few songs on the recent Maiden CDs. However, on everything else (Piece of Mind, Powerslave, Seventh Son, etc.) it's only one foot, one bass drum, one pedal. Clive Burr has (had?) a quick right foot also. So does Ian Paice (lefty) (Deep Purple), and who remembers Leonard Haze (Y&T)?

drumslut said:
Nicko admitted he used a double pedal on a few songs on the recent Maiden CDs. However, on everything else (Piece of Mind, Powerslave, Seventh Son, etc.) it's only one foot, one bass drum, one pedal. Clive Burr has (had?) a quick right foot also. So does Ian Paice (lefty) (Deep Purple), and who remembers Leonard Haze (Y&T)?
The only Iron Maiden song with a double bass pedal is Face in the Sand. verything else is single.

single bass +
buffalo_big.jpg

single beater
601165.jpg

= delicious!!!

Riceandfishcass.jpg

Opened for Y&T when they where still called Yesterday and Today, actually they were suppose to open for us. They were very upset about it, so we said we would open. Glad we did....they were great!

momadave said:
Boy Howdy fans of the MAIDENS madness!

<snip> Are there any other drummers out there that I should know about that use single bass and A SINGLE bass drum pedal? I love double pedal work, but I'm blown away by incredible single pedal work the most.

thanks,
--David
There is a Contemparary Jazz drummer named Laval Belle who plays with Doc Powell a lot. I was standing at the side of the stage and he took a short solo and I couldn't beleive what I was hearing his foot do. I didn't recall a double bass pedal on his set but I was hearing stuttered triplets! I snuck behind the bass players cabinet and got down low to look. Not only did he only have one pedal he was playing it flat, no toe feathering here, just a solid slammin' foot going to the floor! :OMG:
After the set I had to compliment him and he was very humble, "Yeah, I 'm kinda known for my foot, thanks" was all he said.

BTW Hey Ladies! Had a great time in NorCal. Now I don't know what to do with all my time off!

metalord said:
There is a Contemparary Jazz drummer named Laval Belle who plays with Doc Powell a lot. I was standing at the side of the stage and he took a short solo and I couldn't beleive what I was hearing his foot do. I didn't recall a double bass pedal on his set but I was hearing stuttered triplets! I snuck behind the bass players cabinet and got down low to look. Not only did he only have one pedal he was playing it flat, no toe feathering here, just a solid slammin' foot going to the floor! :OMG:
After the set I had to compliment him and he was very humble, "Yeah, I 'm kinda known for my foot, thanks" was all he said.

BTW Hey Ladies! Had a great time in NorCal. Now I don't know what to do with all my time off!

Howzit Brah!!!?!!?!?? Come to Hawaii and visit me!!!!!!!! Aloha!!! Ah, the sunshine is beautiful here and the drinks are devine!!! See ya at the end of the month, ya?

Hey, please remind me when this cat is playing locally again! I am dying to see this! Bobby Jarzombek is also just as humble. Incredibly nice and sickeningly fast on the feet!!!!! His left foot is incredible!!! He can do things with that foot alone that I only dream of doing with both feet! :worship:

Cheers!

BTW,

And at the other end of the spectrum we have my friend Dave...

4.JPG

1.JPG

The tom were all bought off E-bay one at a time and all refinished by hand and the sub-woofer kicks custom made. The cymbals are a gift from Saluda as a part of an endorsement.