The Best Six Romeos Solos

Luis

Mortal With Immortal Mind
Hi Friends, im new at forum and its cool¡¡¡

My options are the foolowing:

1 Sins and Shadows (fast and heavy the perfect solo)
2 Candelight fantasia ( great use of wah pedal)
3 Church of the Machine (Perfect balance between keyboard-guitar)
4 Evolution (my favorite one)
5Communion and The Oracle (long duration and very melodic)
6 The Last Viking ( maybe you havent listened to this solo yet, the only thing i can say is that is really awosome and dificult)

Id say Of Sins and Shadows, Sea of Lies, Damnation Game, Dressed to Kill, Edge of Forever, Smoke and Mirrors, The Accolade, Communion, Dragons Den, Church of the machine...those are some of my favorites

in no real order

Sea Of Lies
Evolution
A Fool's Paradise
Of Sins And Shadows
Smoke And Mirrors
Masquerade '98
Dressed To Kill
In The Dragons Den
Church Of The Machine
Lady Of The Snow

oh well it was a top 6 but what can i do:D

Ouch!! This is like asking which is your fav child. lmao!!! Tough call...
I'd have to agree with Lady in saying Snow and Candlelight just 'ooze' feeling. I LOVE those solos!

Of Sins and Shadows
Sea Of Lies
Damnation Game
Out of the Ashes
Candlelight F.
Lady of Snow
+
the Solo he does in Working man Rush tribute
Dawn of a million Souls
Some solos he does in Johansson - Last Viking
:D

I love the solo in Analog Kid. Scary! Romeo is without a doubt one of the scariest i've come across. Him and Shawn Lane leave my brain numb. It's amazing how easy Romeo makes his playing look. It baffles me. LOL

yeah!!!!! hehe
dawn of a million souls has some great solos!! the first solo (before it gets real raunchy and fast with blues and wah and tapping) is probably the only MR solo i've managed to figure out all by myself, and its SO great!! i think its real melodic, sometimes it reminds me of david gilmour style but a bit mor shredded out...perfect for ayreon

and yeah analog kid is ridiculous!!

i have to say my favorite album for solos is the damnation game...he makes them all really different and unique sounding....like different tone and tricks....whispers for example..or in a winter's dream...that one is epic!

so my six:
-the hunter
-sea of lies (the first song to blow me away like that...back then -the only thing i could compare it with was marty friedman)
-the witching hour...there are some thigns in there that are ridiculous...like the fastest pedal tones i could ever think (yeah that's right malmsteen!!! faster than you!)
-communion and the oracle
-a fool's paradise, i don't remember at the moment but i think so
-dawn ofa million souls

Well... I'm not THAT fan of kicking-ass solos... I prefer rhythm guitars, and melodic solos, like Blind Guardian ones... but...

1 - Church of the Machine
2 - Communion and the Oracle
3 - Pharaoh
4 - Evolution (The Grand Design)
5 - Sonata
6 - Through the Lookin' Glass

It's not a classifying order... :)