The bigger 'Tallica fan

Ocelot2010

Burger King Diamond
Sep 18, 2008
Washington State
My and my friend are locked in a Cold War over who is the bigger Metallica fan.

I say me, because I'm going a longer distance to see them sooner, and I'm paying for the gas and hotel room out of my own pocket (me being 16 year old american with no job, that's a huge undertaking). I also have a Metallica shirt for everyday of the week (no joke), every single Metallica album, and got Death Magnetic the day it came out.

He says he is the bigger fan because he will be spending less money to buy a shirt at the concert (which is a shorter distance, and a month after the show I'm going to), and he'll miss school. He also mentioned the fact that Metallica is number one on his myspace....

We've actually declared a truce, he lost big time though. I wore all of my shirts at the same time, drew the old school logo on my chest in sharpie, blared Metallica out of my headphones, and self moshed to it.

Only because of the extreme fans who bum everything they ever did really. Load, Reload, St. Sphincter and even DM were gash haha.

Even I'll admit Megadteh had their moments (Risk) but their music was better than Gantallicas throughout the 90s. Yet Metallica got all the praise because they're Gantallica and according to their hardcore fans they can do no wrong whatsoever.

St. Anger while not so great, was still a good way for them to vent all the 20 years of bullshitty emotions and unresolved problems. From a technical aspect, that album was so shitty a pile of cow crap looks edible.
Load and Reload were decent, the only thing that dissapointed me was that they weren't metal albums.

20 years is a long time
Lots of crap could happen. But it's better to vent it than to not vent it at all. They probably could have broken up if they didn't make that album, as crappy as it was, it was needed. What I'm trying to say is, it's better to have shat, than to have not shat at all.

it was a crap album and now they make a decent one and everybody thinks its like the second coming of jesus...........