The Black Crusade

Gera

blah..
Aug 5, 2007
UK
Has anyone been to it or is still going?
just wanted to say it was rly good, Arch Enemy and Machine Head were fucking amazing!:kickass:

i'm going on december when they are coming to finland. What kind of sets have been bands played?
don't know if they will play same sets in other venues
umm can't remember all of the songs that bands played, heres some i do remember
Machine Head
Code:
Imperium
Halo
Descend the Shades of Night
Davidian
Old
Aesthetics of Hate
Clenching the fists of descent
take my scars
not in this order just at the top of my head

Arch Enemy had a shorter set list =[
i think they played
Code:
Blood On Your Hands
Nemesis
We Will Rise
My Apocalypse
there were 1 or 2 more songs but can't remember what they were

trivium played (corey did all the vocals for trivium's older songs which was cool, with matt on backing vocals)
Code:
to the rats 
declaration 
entrance Of the conflagration
gunshot 
becoming the dragon
Pillars of Serpents
we are the fire
rain and pull harder

I went last night. Here's what I wrote in the guitar player's thread:

So I just got back from The Black Crusade tour at The Carling Academy, Brixton, UK.

Lineup:
• Shadows Fall
• Arch Enemy
• Dragonforce
• Trivium
• Machine Head

All went well. I managed to get my friend downstairs even though he had an upstairs seating ticket which I told him would work but he wouldn't believe me.

Saw Frédéric Leclercq (bass) and Dave Mackintosh (drums) from Dragonforce standing outside have a cigarette while we were queuing up which was cool. I don't think anyone even recognised them 'cause noone was really paying attention to their presence. There were some girls standing LITERALLY a meter away and they were facing the other way like "duh, r der any uva playerz in DF apart from herman ri and samantha totman duh". Oh well, I would have gone over and said hello if it was ZP Theart, Angela Gossow or Michael Amott.

Shadows Fall:

We weren't too fussed about this band so we just stood at the back and watched until they were done and moved down during their last song so I could see...

Arch Enemy:

Who were awesome. Opened with "Blood On Our Hands", also played "Enemy Within", "Nemesis", "My Apocalypse" and "We Will Rise". Nothing more to really say about these guys except that they were unsuprisingly badass.

Dragonforce:

I'm going to say something which none of you will expect....Dragonforce were fuckin' awesome. Me and my other buddy were expecting shitty sound, shitty mixing etc etc. Vocals were more than perfect, drums were robotic, guitar tone was great and they both played really well. Considering how much I bitch about DF live, this is saying alot. I really, really enjoyed them. I still ZP is one of the best frontmen in metal right now. Awesome dude and incredible vocalist. Overall, they sounded better to me than that video of TtFaF that I uploaded on YouTube, it was that good.

Easily my favourite performance of the night. I'm definitely going back to see them when they tour here again.

Their setlist was:

Fury Of The Storm
Operation Ground And Pound
Starfire
Valley Of The Damned
Through The Fire And Flames

Trivium:

Again, these guys played really well too. I practically stood still through the first 3 songs though 'cause I think the stuff from "The Crusade" is shit, boring and way too "pop-ish" for me to like. "Gunshot..." was crazy though, I screamed for that one.

I think they must have played another one or two off "The Crusade" 'cause I was just like..."errr..." for a few and then it was "Rain" which I love and obviously finished with "Pull Harder..."

Their setlist was something like (might not be in order):

To The Rats
Entrance of the Conflagration
Gunshot To The Head Of Trepidation
The Decieved
Rain
Becoming the Dragon
Anthem (We Are the Fire)
Pull Harder On The Strings Of Your Martyr

I got my mate into these. I gave him a CD of all these bands and he liked Trivium the most. After tonight, he likes them even more. I even got him to get himself a shirt because I could tell he really wanted it, he just didn't want to pay £20.

Machine (Fucking) Head:

I didn't really wanna see MH because I don't really like their music. I don't mind Imperium which they played and also Davidian is ok. But the rest of it, I just was looking around, waiting for time to go by. Rob Flynn seemed to be enjoying himself though. He got some guy up on stage because he was their the night before and never managed to catch a drink thrown from the stage so he took Colin (this guy) up and just gave him one. The crowd also nearly took the roof off when Dimebag Darrel was mentioned.

Overall, definitely worth the £30 or whatever it was. Didn't get stabbed in Brixton, didn't break my nose, loose anything or get locked out of the house so I'm cool. All I have to say now is bring on Children Of Bodom.

Now I'm listening to Blood Is On Our Hands by AE. Awesome song.

yeh i was there last night too, on the right side at the front. Oo suprised you dnt like Machine Head

Overall, definitely worth the £30 or whatever it was. Didn't get stabbed in Brixton, didn't break my nose, loose anything or get locked out of the house so I'm cool. All I have to say now is bring on Children Of Bodom.
Agreed. And yes Children Of Bodom 8 of march can't wait

I;ve benn to the Brisbane australian one
and it was really good. Machine Head and Arch enemy put on a hell of a show
Yeah I was there also. Maybe you saw me or something lol, kinda short dude, shoulder length hair, Death (Sound of Perseverance) shirt, Nike High Tops. All 3 bands (Yes including Trivium) put on a killer show imo. And the sound mix I thought was fantastic. Definitely one of the best gigs I've been to.

Gay. They should have played 14 songs on The Black Crusade too and kicked off Shadows Fall and Machine Head.