The 'Black Metal' Opeth Logo

Oct 26, 2002
RainbowLand
www.youtube.com
I have seen at www.jsrdirect.com the many great Opeth shirts. I even bought the great black Opeth logo shirt with a picture of the band on the back. However, some new shirts have come in. Some of DELIVERANCE and DAMNATION...and then there's the 'black metal' Opeth logo shirt.

I don't know if this is Opeth getting an early jump on the black metal bandwagon, but the alternate logo is really ugly compared to the gorgeous classic logo. Just my opinion, though.

I just hope that it doesn't appear on the CD. Mabye it will...I don't know. I will buy the CD regardless...

There have been three logos.
First one was a ye olde english-ish type font with inverted crosses where the t and the p were.
Second one was the funky grey one with the hanging tails.
Third one is the current one, and the one they've used ever since Orchid.

Hey: only since Still Life! the first three albums were originally published without a logo at all. They included it only in the 2000 editions with bonus tracks if I'm not mistaken.

Mr. Niel: Wow! which one is on the original 1997 US releases: the old one, or the Timo Ketola one? Because then, why wasn't it on the original European editions?

I have that shirt :wave: . I liked it a lot more than some of the other shirts, cos it was a bit different and didnt have huge amounts of stuff slapped on it. Lopez wears a no sleeve version on Lamentations.

Definitely prefer the newest logo though.